Deadline: September 15th, 2022
The Cluster of Cooperation (CLOC) Eastern Africa is accepting applications for its Seed Money Grant 2022. Aimed to promote research and education programs/projects between African and Swiss Higher Education Institutions strengthening existing partnerships, geared toward the implementation of the UN 2030 Agenda.
The CLOC Eastern Africa Seed Money Grant 2022 is allowing researchers to conduct pilot projects, exploratory studies, and/or joint grant proposals (eg desk studies, field research, design education/training/capacity building modules, etc.) with key partners. These joint activities should contribute to the implementation of the UN 2030 Agenda, the African Union’s Agenda 2063, and the national priorities of the respective countries.
- The call is open to all scientific disciplines and fields of research more so targets researchers with affiliations to African and Swiss Higher Education Institutions.
- One applicant of a Higher Education Institutions in Ethiopia or Kenya identified as “main applicant (primary lead)”.
- One applicant of a Higher Education Institutions in Switzerland identified as “main applicant (co-lead)”.
- Additional participants from Higher Education Institutions or policy/practice organizations from Switzerland, and/or the CLOC Eastern Africa region if relevant (Ethiopia, Djibouti, Eritrea, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Ruanda, Burundi, Uganda).
Funding and Budgeting
The maximum amount for a Seed Money Grant is CHF 17,000.
- Up to CHF 15,000 for personnel costs, local travel, project consumables, material/equipment, and miscellaneous.
- Up to CHF 2’000 for mobility expenses for young African researchers for an exchange visit to Switzerland in the frame of the project.
The eligibility of the project proposals checked internally by the CLOC Eastern Africa team. Eligible projects will be evaluated by the CLOC Eastern Africa Project Coordination Unit.
The evaluation is based on the following criteria:
- Set-up of the African / Swiss team
- Relevance of the existing partnership (if applicable)
- Relevance of the project with respect to the implementation of the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the African Union Agenda 2063 and the alignment with national priorities
- Feasibility of the project
- Budget adequacy
- Potential for follow-up activities and further collaboration
All documents must be submitted in English by Thursday, 15 September 2022 17:00 CEST / 18:00 Ethiopia/Kenya time as a single pdf document via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Download application form here