Deadline:September 19, 2022
Do you think faith can help people overcome the often challenging realities of daily life? Submit an application for the Film your Faith Contest to dive in and explore.
With the Film your Faith Contest, pull out your phone, grab your camera gear, tap record, and show us in 2 minutes or less how the hope of faith is changing lives, relationships, and communities around you for the better. How does your faith help you maintain the hope needed to meet and overcome the challenges of our time, and what is your message to encourage others?
Hope is the earnest anticipation that comes with believing something good,the confident expectation that naturally stems from faith. We believe that faith is more than a tradition or a group of sayings that inspire for a moment and then leave you empty. Faith is a living, breathing, life-lifting, incredible thing vital to today’s culture in its many forms. The fruits of faith are still fresh today. But without hope, there is no true faith.
So tell a story of hope that makes us laugh, brings us to tears, inspires, entertains, or all of the above. Let your imagination run wild and your camera follow. You only need a phone and an idea to play.
Two ways to win, three great prizes. Faith Counts judges will pick the Grand Prize winner and one Honorable Mention winner. The 10 finalist videos (announced after the first round of judging) will also be eligible for the Fan Favorite award, which will be chosen by Faith Counts fans, your friends, and your family by voting on FaithCounts.com.
- Grand Prize winner will win $20,000
- Fan Favorite will win $10,000
- Honorable Mention will win $5,000
- You have to be 18 years or older to enter.
- You can’t use someone else’s video or music–especially famous musicians. They really don’t like that! If you want to use someone else’s music, you need to have their written permission. There are some great sites online with “license-free” music clips that you CAN use. See more details about rights in the Official Rules.
- You have to be able to get written agreements from anyone who appears in your video (pretty much saying, “Hey, I’m okay with being shown in this video.”).
- You must be willing to give us rights to your entry submission–because if it’s really good we’ll want to share it with others!
- Videos must be appropriate–no bad language, nudity, or anything like that.
- Videos must showcase faith in a positive light.
- If your entry is chosen as a finalist (top 10 videos), you must be willing to talk to the media about your experience making your video.
Make a Video
- Create a compelling video (two minutes or less) that showcases how your faith gives you hope in this time. Helps us understand. Teach us. Motivate and inspire us. This is your chance to show the world what faith is all about.
- Upload your video to your YouTube account and then fill out the entry form. Entrants must be 18 years old or older. The deadline for entries is Wednesday, September 19, 2022 at 11:59 EST. Use #FaithCounts when you share your video.