Deadline: 5 September 2022
Apply now for the Royal Academy of Engineering Enterprise Fellowships Programme to Make exceptional connections, Shape your business and more so Accelerate your growth.
Enterprise Fellowships is a 12-month accelerator programme for creative and entrepreneurial engineers who have an impactful innovation ready to commercialise at the seed or pre-seed stage. Over the course of the year, we will equip you with the confidence, skills, experience and networks you need to bring your engineering product to market.
Royal Academy of Engineering Enterprise Fellowships Programme aims at Supporting creative and entrepreneurial graduates and academics to start up or spin out exceptional innovations. This programme has provided £9.2 million in grant funding to upskill over 150 Enterprise Fellows, who have gone on to create companies valued over £550 million. As a charity, we don’t take any equity; all we ask in return is your passion and determination to become part of the next generation of entrepreneurs.
- Up to £75,000 equity-free startup funding grant,
- Expert business mentoring and coaching,
- 15 days of business training,
- Subscription to our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Toolkit,
- Access to our community of Hub Members, Academy Fellows, investors, industry experts and partners,
- Flexible working space at the Taylor Centre, our physical hub,
- Hub membership for life.
Who should apply?
Broadly speaking, we support:
- Researchers wishing to spinout a company from a university
- Recent graduates seeking to found a startup
- International PhD students (already based in the UK) wanting to spinout or startup
You meet our key eligibility criteria if:
- The Technology Readiness Level (TRL) of your solution is 4 or above
- Equity investment in your business is less than 500,000 GBP
- Your innovation is protectable and you own or co-own the IP
- Within the founding team, you own the highest equity stake in the company
- You are, or have the ambition to be, the CEO or COO of the business
- For startups: you are not a student or otherwise employed during our programme
- In addition for startups: you have completed your very first university degree by 1 July 2017
- For spinouts: you are currently employed by the university
- If relevant, your PhD viva will be held no later than 30 November 2022
Click here to apply.
Visit official webpage for further information about the fellowships.