Deadline: 31 August 2022
Applications for the Democratic Alliance (DA) Young Leaders Programme are now open. Apply now! The Programme seeks to develop and grow future leaders responsible for upholding the vision of One Nation with One Future.
The Democratic Alliance (DA) Young Leaders Programme is a political leadership learning and development programme for South Africans who align themselves with the DA’s values of Freedom, Fairness, Opportunity and Diversity. Participants of the programme are highly motivated individuals, interested in pursuing a career in politics or the public service, with the aim of creating One Nation with One Future.
Over the course of one year, participants of the programme receive the chance to broaden their political knowledge, critical thinking and communication skills. Participants will also get to know themselves, and their personal leadership style and development needs a lot better during dedicated sessions on leadership and personal development. In addition, Young Leaders required to conceptualise and undertake a leadership project, giving them a unique opportunity to expand their influence, self-awareness and emotional maturity, so that they can become dynamic, resilient leaders who are able to tackle politics on the national stage.
All costs directly related to the YLP covered by the DA.
Young Leaders will also enjoy a high level of interaction with senior leaders in the DA.
- The YLP is open to all young South African citizens between the ages of 18 and 35, with a track-record of leadership excellence.
- These applicants must share the DA’s vision and have proven themselves passionate leaders set on making a difference in South Africa.
- Participants must either be living in South Africa, or if they are temporarily abroad, be returning to South Africa in time for the start of the programme.
- The Young Leaders Programme does not cover international traveling costs.
In order to apply the following needs to be submitted
- This online application form completed in full, including, the 2 short essay questions;
- A video recording of maximum 60 seconds, uploaded via this application form
- Similarly One reference letter uploaded via the application form