A. Noam Chomsky Global Connections Awards 2022.
Deadline: 31 October 2022
Global Connections Awards 2022 nominations are currently open. Submit yours now! The STAR Scholars Network is committed to promoting transnational research and collaboration between scholars in different countries (e.g., joint publications and research partnerships) that impacts humanity positively beyond national borders.
Further,the Global Connections Awards 2022 recognize “STAR Scholars” for their achievements and distinctive contributions to transnational research that demonstrates the very best of scholarship and/or collaboration among scholars around the world. In December 2022, the STAR Scholars Network will provide Global Connections Awards 2022 in four categories:
North Star Medal for Lifetime Achievement Award:
This is the Star Scholars Network’s greatest award for exceptional performance and success in worldwide research. The medal awarded to a senior scholar whose lifelong service, leadership, and accomplishments serve as a “North Star” for scholarly activity and research cooperation. Shining Star Research Award. Each year, the STAR Scholars Network celebrates two (2) exemplary works in trans lingual and/or transnational research.
Shining Star Research Award:
This award acknowledges renowned scholars from any subject and language. Podcasts, TEDx lectures, films, short videos (for example, YouTube), publicly accessible Sound Cloud files; academic journal articles, books, book chapters,and other kinds of scholarly journals are all acceptable.
Rising Star Emerging Scholar Award:
The STAR Academics Network awards two (2) rising scholars each year who have demonstrated considerable talent and dedication to international research. An award will recognize an emerging scholar (post-terminal degree completion) in any field who has distinguished himself/herself as an emerging leader in international research. The other award will recognize a current graduate student who has demonstrated significant promise with respect to advancing international research through publications, leadership or other relevant contributions.
Star Humanitarian Award:
A new award established in 2021,rewards human achievements in promoting academic equality and/or balance. Applicants may be organizations (for example, higher education institutions and non-governmental organizations) that have had a significant global equitable effect and/or a humanitarian whose work is vital to equality, international contact, and/or scholarship. The Star Scholars Network will recognize an organization or a person who is both human and progressive. The work of the recipient must have the potential for global reach and influence (that is, it must aim for equality and collaboration).
For the North Star Medal of Lifetime Achievement:
- Candidates must demonstrate a history of academic leadership that spans at least 15 years as evidence of their teaching, research, service and mentorship.
- Candidates must have a strong track record of publications demonstrating a long-standing dedication to establishing international research collaborations among scholars worldwide.
- Candidates must have a track record of scholarship that has had a demonstrable influence on making the world a more humane world.
The Shining Star Achievement in Research Award:
- The scholarly work should have been “published” and/or made available after July in the year prior to accreditation. (Note: For the 2022 cycle, only publications or scholarly contributions from July 2021 or later will be considered).
- The award recognizes the creators, primary author(s), editor(s) and/or respective primary contributors. Any academic work that is not in English should be accompanied with an audio or printed translation in English to ensure that committee members can participate in the award selection process and are experts in the language of submission if needed.
Rising Star Emerging Scholar Certificate:
- Non-student applicants must have achieved their terminal degree within the last five years.
- Candidates must have demonstrated scholarly promise and commitment to international research, as evidenced by their teaching, research, service and/or mentorship.
Eligibility requirements for the STAR Humanitarian Award in Global Health:
- The applicant’s work must have an international impact.
- The work must have the potential to benefit humanity in many regions of the world.
- Nominations for the North Star Medal of Lifetime Achievement must contain a statement outlining the nominee’s career and contributions to international research.
- Nominations for the Shining Star Achievement in Research must include a PDF or picture of the recognized international research achievement.
- Nominations for the Star Humanitarian Award must include a statement (under 250 words) explaining the candidate’s contribution to eradicating COVID-19 on a global or regional scale.
- Members of the Star Scholars Network and others encouraged to submit e-nominations in any language. Fill out the online application on the Star Scholars Network website or send an email to Dr. Anita Pandey, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Chair of the Awards Committee, labeled “Nominations for the Star Award.” Only complete applications will be considered.
- Your submission must include the award (which of the four prizes listed above your nomination should be considered for) as well as the name or title of the candidate, work, or organization you are proposing.
- Next, explain why you’re nominating. Include your credentials or a bio, as well as URLs or attachments to the (audio) visual file or publication for which you are nominating.However,self-nominations not accepted.
Submit Nomination here
For further detailed information, visit the Star Scholars Network’s Official Website.
join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates
Leave a Comment