Deadline: 18 August 2022
Applications to the ninth edition of the EU Prize for Women Innovators 2022 are now open. The European Innovation Council (EIC) launched today the ninth edition of the EU Prize for Women Innovators. The Prize celebrates the women entrepreneurs behind Europe’s game-changing innovations, to inspire more women to follow their footsteps.
The EU Prize for Women Innovators 2022 is for the most talented women entrepreneurs from across the EU and countries associated to Horizon Europe, who have founded a successful company and brought innovation to the market. The prize is managed by the European Innovation Council and SMEs Executive Agency, The independent expert jury chooses the winners.
The EU Prize for Women Innovators celebrates the women entrepreneurs behind game-changing innovations. In doing so, the EU seeks to raise awareness of the need for more women innovators, and create role models for women and girls everywhere.
There are two prize categories:
Women Innovators category: three prizes of EUR 100 000 each awarded to the most talented women innovators from across the EU and Associated Countries
Rising Innovators category: three prizes of EUR 50 000 each awarded to the most promising young innovators under 35
Eligible applications evaluated against 3 award criteria:
Breakthrough innovation: the company founded or co-founded by the applicant provides a truly innovative product or service in the EU market.
Impact: the product or service addresses a specific societal need or challenge, with significant benefits for people and/or planet.
Inspiration: the applicant has played a pivotal role in the success of the company, and considers themselves a role model for other women and girls.
- The EIC will award three prizes of €100,000 each to the most inspiring women innovators across the EU and Associated Countries, including Ukraine.
- To mark the European Year of Youth, the EIC will be awarding a further three prizes of €50 000 each to promising ‘Rising Innovators’ under the age of 35.
Eligible participants (eligible countries)
All applicants must comply with the following eligibility criteria to participate:
- The applicant must be a woman
- The applicant must be an ordinary resident in an EU Member State (including overseas countries and territories, OCTs) or a country associated to Horizon Europe.
- The applicant must be the founder or co-founder of an active innovative company registered at least two years before the call year.
- Applicants that have already received an EU or Euratom prize cannot receive a second prize for the same activities.
- In addition to the above, those applying for the Rising Innovator category must be under 35 at the start of the call year there is no age limit to apply for the Women Innovators category, though applicants eligible for both prize categories can only apply to one.
- Applicants must provide proof of eligibility upon request
- In both categories, two or more women co-founders of a single company may submit a joint application provided they all meet the eligibility criteria, competing for one single category prize.
- All applicants must register in the Participant Register, before the call deadline and will have to be validated by the Central Validation Service (REA Validation). For the validation, you will be requested to upload documents showing legal status and origin.
How to submit an application
All application submission is directly online via the Funding & Tenders Portal Electronic Submission System. Paper applications NOT accepted.
Submission is a 2-step process:
- Create a user account and register your organization, all participants need to create an EULogin user account.
- Once you have an EULogin account, you can register your organisation in the Participant Register to receive a 9-digit participant identification code (PIC).
visit the official prize webpage for further details.