Deadline: September 15 2022
Series Mania Forum and BETA Group have launched a new creative project SERIESMAKERS Programme 2022 that focuses on feature film directors who step into the realm of television series. The programme offers 3 development grants for a total of €120K.
In this tailor-made training program, 10 selected teams of directors & producer or director & writer with an idea for a TV series will focus on the development of a full pitch deck. They will be guided by A-list directors, showrunners and producers and writers.
The SERIESMAKERS Programme 2022 selected teams will participate in two three-day online workshops over the period of six months. The workshops consist of masterclasses lectured by international industry professionals such as writers, producers, broadcasters, showrunners, etc. ln addition, the development process will be supported by mentors.
- At the end of the programme, a jury will award two teams with a € 50,000 (fifty thousand euros) award each to develop a pilot script and a bible with additional creative support. In addition, a new award of €20,000 for emerging talent introduced by the Kirch Foundation will be established to the Beta award for two selected projects of €50,000 each.
- The awarded teams will be presented at Series Mania Forum 2023 and will be given the opportunity to participate at Series Mania Forum 2024 to present their projects.
The criteria for the teams’ eligibility are the following:
- Consisting of two creatives, either a director and a producer or a director and a writer. The directors are required to have min. one feature film (fiction only) screened in the official selection of an A-list film festival in the past five years (2017-2022)
- The participants must be committed to creating a scripted TV series. If selected, all participants are obliged to sign a written approval of commitment to the Program
The requirements for submitted projects are the following:
- Category scripted TV series based upon an original idea or secured underlying property.
- First season only.
- Number of episodes: min. 4 episodes max. 12 episodes.
- Length: min. 30 minutes, max. 60 minutes per episode
- Genres: All genres, e.g., drama, comedy, period, crime, sci-fi.
- Development stage: early stage.
- Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Submission only as a team (no separate submissions by the participants) pursuant to the eligibility criteria pursuant to clause 6.1.
- Complete the online application form for submission.
- Upload all required documents including but not limited to (in English language and max. 10 pages total) Short pitch deck of the series consisting of logline and synopsis, characters, story arch, creators’ note, tone and style, filmographies of applicants.
- Please consider the mandatory formatting: A4, Calibri, 11 pt, 1.15 line spacing, margins min. 2.0 cm all sides.
- Controlling of rights into the submitted project pursuant to section 9.
For further information visit official webpage