Deadline: October 13 2022
Applications for the 2023-2024 Yousriya Loza- Sawiris Scholarship program are now open. Earn a Masters in Development Practice from Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota USA. This scholarship is administered by Newton Education Services on behalf of Sawiris Foundation for Social Development.
During the Yousriya Loza- Sawiris Scholarship program, Egyptian young professionals are prepared for professions in sustainable development through the Master of Development Practice (MDP) program, both locally and globally, as well as in the complicated realities in between.
- Egyptian national residing in Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality holders).
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well reputed academic institution in a related field of study.
- Demonstrate a minimum of two years of work experience in the field of development.
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program.
- Demonstrate excellent professional and academic track record.
- The scholarships are awarded based on financial need as well as merit and character demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and social behavior.
- While no specific academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended.
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS, exam date should be within two years of graduate program start. Minimum required scores: 100 ( TOEFL internet – based, minimum 22 on each section), or 7 (IELTS, minimum 7 on each section)
The scholarship will cover full tuition, living expenses, travel and health insurance.
- Completion of a 50-credit academic master’s program in two academic years
- Completion of an 8-10 week mid-program summer field experience
- Employment in the development sector in Egypt following graduation for no less than two consecutive years
- Completed application form including the personal statement
- Copy of valid passport ID page
- Copy of the National ID
- Copy of the National ID of the guarantor (the guarantor is the person who signs the contract with the accepted student. This person could be his/her father, mother, sister, or brother. The guarantor’s role is to ensure that the student is fulfilling his/her commitments.)
- Updated resume
- All undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts
- TOEFL/IELTS score
- Two letters of recommendation
- One personal photo
- HR letter from current employer including salary/salary slip or a bank statement in case of unemployment.