Deadline: September 15, 2022
World Water Challenge 2022 is an international contest for water solutions. Apply now and become a challenge winner.
As a follow up activity of the 7th World Water Forum in 2015, World Water Challenge has been organized yearly in connection with the Korea International Water Week (KIWW), with the goal of identifying pressing water issues the world is now experiencing and coming up with workable solutions.
World Water Challenge 2022 holds as one of the signature programs of KIWW 2022. This 8th edition of World Water Challenge is expected to serve its role as an important platform to share not only innovative scientific/technological method but also policy towards solving the defined water challenges around the world and forge a broad network among the experts and stakeholders in water sector as well as the diverse pool of solution providers.
Particularly, amid the ongoing COVID-19 situation around the world, WWCH 2022 will continue to deal with the special topic “Water and Health” selected last year along with five Main Topics to demonstrate a pathway to not only overcoming the current pandemic but also achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Anyone (as individual or on behalf of an organization) who is interested in water is welcome to participate in the program.
- Persons (including winners) who participated once (and more) in the previous WWCH, having a different or updated subject and ideas are allowed to participate in the WWHC 2022
- The solution providers are kindly requested to submit their proposals through the online submission system via the KIWW official website (www.kiww.org)
- Solution submission can only be preceded after online registration for the KIWW 2022.
- Please make sure that all submissions must be filled out in English, using the provided Solution submission template.
- The victors will get a monetary prize and a trophy.
The best will receive up to 10,000,000KRW (approx. $ 7,600)
The outstanding will receive up to 3,000,000 (approx. $ 2,200)
- Winners will have the chance to be invited to the WWCH showcase during the KIWW 2023 and/or the 10th World Water Forum to share their solutions with the experts from all around the world.
- The title of the awards and the amount of prize money are subject to change.
- If there is a not qualified solution for the “THE BEST” prize based on the decision of the evaluation committee, there may not be the winner of the year and/or type of award and prize money may change.
- WWCH 2022 Final Round will be held during the KIWW 2022. More detailed information will be announced soon.