Mastercard Postgraduate Scholarship for African Students
Through the fully financed Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, intellectually gifted African students have the chance to pursue a Mastercard Postgraduate Scholarship for African Students at the University of Pretoria in South Africa.
The University of Pretoria (UP) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation (MCF) is currently offering scholarships for high achieving African students interested in studying at postgraduate levels, commencing in January 2022.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) targets academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values evidenced by their leadership. Community service and internships are essential components of the Program.
The MCFSP offers a full scholarship to selected students provisionally admitted to study towards a postgraduate degree at UP. Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities.
For your application to gain consideration for the Mastercard Scholarship award,
- Candidates should be citizens from Africa.
- Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project e.g. in a community, at school, church etc
- Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
- Interested applicants for the Mastercard master’s scholarships at the University of Pretoria must have first secured admission to study any of the eligible master’s program at the university.
If your Master card Scholarship application is successful the Program will cover the following:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation in a UP residence
- Books and printed material
- A modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid
- Travel costs (one return trip for the duration of the study period)
- Cost of one visa application for the duration of the study period
How to Apply for the Mastercard Postgraduate Scholarship for African Students
To apply for admission at the university of Pretoria, follow the following steps:
Apply online at www.up.ac.za/apply. Alternatively, you can submit a hard copy of your application form. For more information, dial +27 (0)12 420 4297/6621 or send an email to:email@example.com for undergraduates and postgraduates enquiries.
After your application has been submitted, it will be evaluated by members of the relevant faculty. The faculty will inform you whether you have been admitted.
Once you have been admitted, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to commence the process to apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program immediately.
Successful Mastercard Foundation Scholars should have a passport to enable them to apply for a visa promptly.
Please visit the ISD website at www.up.ac.za/isd for general information for international students.
Applications open on 1st May and close on the 17th September of the year proceeding the year of study.
Click here to fill the form
Leave a Comment