E T Consultant, Gender Analyst (Job Opportunity)
Job #: req18261
Term Duration: 1 year 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): French
Closing Date: 7/15/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Applications for the E T Consultant Gender Analyst job are now open.
The International Finance Corporation (IFC),a member of the World Bank Group is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing economies around the world.Gender is an important strategic theme for IFC. Central to IFC’s gender work is helping clients build robust business performance by making them aware of, and invest in, the value women can bring either as a defined consumer segment, as employees, as business leaders or as entrepreneurs and suppliers.
IFC’s commitment to advancing gender equality is anchored in the business case and client demand for “gender-smart” solutions. IFC continues to stimulate and respond to market demand by expanding women’s access to credit, saving, housing, and insurance products, by advising companies on their workforce and talent management, and by building the capacity of women in supply chains and as entrepreneurs through SME financing and a new entrepreneurship training curriculum.
IFC’s Gender & Economic Inclusion Group supports staff and clients in implementing gender-smart solutions. It sets a strategic agenda, develops common targets, improves knowledge, develops practical gender approaches, measures results, and forges key partnerships that strengthen the private sector’s contribution to integrated development solutions.
The Regional Program: IFC is building on its expertise and experience in supporting the private sector to reduce gender gaps in access to jobs and assets across the Africa region. IFC collaborates with private sector company to build the business case for investing in women through peer learning, firm-level advisory support and through research to increase data on gender gaps and opportunities for reducing gaps.
The Gender & Economic Inclusion Group is seeking a passionate, energetic and experienced Gender Analyst to be based in Nairobi, Kenya to support the implementation of the program.
The Gender Analyst will report to and work with the Regional Gender Lead, SSA in providing direct her and the gender team in the region. For this work, the Gender Analyst will support the Lead with technical and administrative duties. The Gender Analyst will work with the Lead to maintain and update the regional program’s planner, ensuring key milestones are prioritized by coordinating and communicating with responsible parties. The Gender Analyst will also be expected to undertake research, make inputs in departmental documents including concept notes, strategy documents, briefing notes among others.
E T Consultant Gender Analyst Scope of Work:
The Consultant will support the Regional Gender Lead in coordinating the successful delivery of the regional gender program while delivering specific program roles across projects administration, project governance, internal mainstreaming, and knowledge management. The consultant maybe called upon to deliver specific project tasks as required or as part of their development plan.
His/her duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Administrative support and coordination of the regional program
• Maintain an integrated regional program planner with a clear sight of key projects milestone
• Work directly with project leads to ensure that project milestones are prioritized, and projects updated accordingly. In doing this, the Gender Analyst will obtain updates, proactively schedule key dates and milestones and ensure that these are on regional and project lead’s priority list
• Coordinate global and regional requests to ensure the team meets turn-around time on key outputs
• Ensure all relevant documentation for projects is in place and fully updated
• Support procurement and contracting process to ensure teams meet all requirements and services are delivered on time
• Support the scheduling and organization of key meetings including internal team meetings, external meetings, key events and directed by the regional lead
• Support the development of key project documents and other written outputs
• Contribute to research and analysis on gender for input into key documents including concept notes, country documents and briefing notes
• Support the Regional Lead in drafting presentations, talking points etc. for internal and external purposes
• Develop specific reference, learning materials, case studies and training initiatives in response to internal/external demand
• Consolidate and analyze lessons learned from project implementation experience and share with team members and colleagues across the region
• Maintain a database of regional specific gender data resources. Ensure a regional gender thematic brief is periodically updated and shared with teams
• Ensure projects documents are fully updated in the system and work with Projects Leads to ensure evidence for all results are filed in the system
• Support evidence gathering for projects as directed by the Regional Lead
• Ensure projects budgets are fully updated and schedule monthly project budget reviews in coordination with the project finance teams
• Support the Regional Lead and regional industry teams with relevant inputs into strategy document eg CPSDs
• Support mainstreaming efforts by providing relevant regional data and advising industry teams on the gender flag
• Coordinate internal capacity building and awareness raising efforts for the gender flag including scheduling training activities for industries and organizing knowledge events as necessary
• Track regional progress against the gender flag and produce quarterly and annual gender reports
• A degree in economics, finance, business or other relevant discipline required.
• A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in fields relevant to private sector development; experience working with gender and private sector necessary
• Work experience in an emerging market environment strongly preferred, experience in SSA desired
• Proven ability to conceptualize, design and implement client engagements and to produce comprehensive analytical reports for clients
• Strong organizational skills with proven ability to support execution of projects.
• Fluent in English. French an added advantage.
• Excellent team building and relationship management skills across different stakeholders
• Good understanding of gender issues in private sector development.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.
Click here to apply for the E T Consultant Gender Analyst job
Leave a Comment