Westerwelle Young Founders Programme (YFP) 2022-2023
Are you a startup company? Have you just lately founded your own business? Do you want to expand your entrepreneurial abilities while interacting with people from around the globe?Apply for the six-month fellowship granted for exceptional young entrepreneurs from emerging markets through the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme.
Additionally,Global leaders will unite in order to attain entrepreneurial greatness.The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme is a fellowship for outstanding young entrepreneurs which offers targeted support to scale our founders’ ventures and develop their leadership abilities, with the following programme plan:
- Kick–Off Conference: A two-day digital kick-off conference will take place in the first week of September 2022.
- Remote Programme: From September 2022 – February 2023, the Young Founders will receive six months of support including a personal mentor, monthly peer mentoring sessions, monthly expert workshops and networking opportunities with corporates and investors.
- Berlin Conference: The ten best performing Young Founders will be invited to a five-day conference in Mai 2023. During this conference, the founders will have the opportunity to pitch in front of investors, participate in workshops, join networking events and get insights into the German start-up scene.
We are looking for entrepreneurs with high potential for impact and growth to become leaders of a sustainable future, with the following criteria:
- Must be a citizen or resident of a developing or emerging country.
- You have recently (in the last five years) started a for-profit company focused on developing or emerging markets.
- Your company possesses a scalable business model that has ideally generated revenue or secured a first round of external funding.
- You or your business possesses disruptive qualities that can increase the quality, impact or inclusiveness of the industry.
- Should be in possession of a good working knowledge of English.
- You are available to attend the digital kick-off conference and can make time to participate in programme activities for the six
- Acquire a unique experience with a successful entrepreneur or investor, who becomes your sparring partner.
- Exchange knowledge with other successful young founders of the cohort and support each other.
- In-depth sessions on relevant topics with high-class experts.
- Access to new business opportunities through connection to programme alumni.
- Exposure to the Berlin Startup Ecosystem, through fully funded one-week conference together with the other founders for the top 10 participants.
The following application will provide our Programme Team with an understanding of your startup and profile. In fact,have the following key elements ready:
- Your startup pitch deck
- Basic financial information (i.e. revenues, funding)
- Your LinkedIn profile
Application deadline: Tuesday, August 9
Interviews with shortlisted candidates: August22–27, 2022
Finally notification of all applicants: 30August2022
Thus,CLICK HERE to apply.