2023 Mandela Washington Fellowship Application Readers
Application Deadline: September 2, 2022.
The U.S. Department of State and IREX seek academic, professional, and regional experts to read and score applications for the 2023 Mandela Washington Fellowship.
For the first eight years of the Fellowship, there were 5,800 Fellow positions available, and there were nearly 300,000 applications from 49 sub-Saharan African nations. We truly appreciate your skills and assistance in evaluating the large number of applications we get.
Responsibilities and Reading Period
- Readers will be responsible for evaluating program applications based on set guidelines and a scoring rubric.
- The reading period will begin on September 14, 2022, and will comprise up to three separate reading phases, each lasting approximately two weeks, from mid-September through early November.
- To examine about 40 applications,allocation of the chosen readers to one of the reading phases takes place. The time investment is anticipated to be 10 hours altogether, with reading and scoring each application taking about 10-15 minutes.
- Ideal readers are academics and/or professionals with expertise in one or more of the Fellowship’s thematic areas (business, civic engagement, or public management),
- Have experience working in Africa, or experience working on sub-Saharan African issues.
- U.S. Government employees and Fellowship Alumni are eligible.
- Applicants for the 2023 Fellowship are not eligible to be readers.
Interested in serving as a reader for the 2023 Mandela Washington Fellowship applications, please complete the application form as soon as possible. Submit the form by September 2, 2022 to be eligible for the reading pool starting from the first phase.
We will confirm via email whether you are selected to be a reader before the Fellowship application closes.
Leave a Comment