Application Deadline: 30 June 2022
Candidates from a variety of professional backgrounds including healthcare professionals, social entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs, charity leaders, academics, and community activists are encouraged to apply for the Pfizer-One Young World Scholarship 2022.
Pfizer is one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical businesses, dedicated to finding scientific discoveries that will make the world a healthier place for everyone. Since making life-changing improvements for those who need them most requires collaboration, Pfizer is thrilled to be partnering with One Young World for the second year and supporting 50 young leaders to attend the Pfizer-One Young World Scholarship 2022.
One Young World is a non-profit organization that empowers and develops young leaders in order to create a more equitable and sustainable future for all.This year’s Pfizer – One Young World Scholarship 2022 will honor young people who have made significant contributions in three critical areas:
Education: Increasing access to quality STEM education for all.
Environment: Tackling climate change and conserving the world’s resources.
Health: Improving health outcomes for all.
What the scholarship necessitates.
- Digital Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 which takes place from 5 – 8 September.
- Permanent membership of the One Young World Ambassador community.
- Participation in unique sessions including meetings with senior Pfizer executives.
- Aged 18 – 30*.
- Nationals of all countries will be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- English speaking.
- Internet connectivity.
Who should submit an application? (You should apply for this scholarship if:)
- You meet the eligiblity criteria above.
- You have a proven track record for leadership by fostering innovation, teamwork, personal accountability, and a commitment for results.
- You have a willingness to engage with Pfizer and demonstrate Pfizer’s comittment to improving health equity.
- You are a champion of diversity and inclusion.
- You are creating a positive impact in one of the scholarship’s three focus areas (Education, Environment, Health). Examples of relevant impact include:
- Developing teachers and promoting innovative practises in STEM teaching.
- Creating new platforms for learners to engage with STEM education.
- Making STEM education more accessible and affordable.
- Driving STEM education policy.
- Reducing carbon emissions.
- Reducing the negative impacts of climate change through technology, activism, community programs, policy, nature-based solutions, or other similar efforts.
- Strengthening climate change resilience.
- Developing circular economy approaches.
- Protecting and restoring the world’s ecosystems.
- Delivering healthcare on the frontlines.
- Advocating for public policies which protect vulnerable populations and advance health equity.
- Creating digital solutions to enhance access to healthcare.
- Providing health education that empowers people to live healthier lives.
- Pioneering breakthroughs in healthcare.