Deadline: July 29, 2022
The Collaboration on International ICT Policy for East and Southern Africa (CIPESA) is thrilled to announce that the annual Forum on Internet Freedom in Africa will return to a physical event for the ninth time (FIFAfrica22). The historic event will be held in Lusaka, Zambia, from September 26 to 29, 2022.
The Forum on Internet Freedom in Africa 2022 is a gathering that brings together various stakeholders from the internet governance and online rights communities in Africa and beyond. To discuss gaps, concerns, As well as opportunities for advancing privacy, access to information, free expression, non-discrimination, more so the free flow of information online on the continent.
As part of the registration, we invite session proposals including panel discussions, lightning talks, exhibitions, and skills workshops to shape the agenda for FIFAfrica22.
CIPESA recognizes that internet freedom is multi-faceted, just like it is essential to have a multiplicity of stakeholders working jointly. It also requires diversity in the voices, backgrounds, viewpoints, and thematic work areas of those that attend FIFAfrica.
- There is limited funding to support travel for participation at FIFAfrica22. Preference will be given to applicants who can partially support their attendance.
- Session proposals will be accepted till July 29, 2022
- Applications for travel support will be accepted till July 29, 2022
- Successful session proposals and travel support applicants will be directly notified by August 31, 2022.
- Registration to attend will close on September 5, 2022.
For more information about Forum on Internet Freedom in Africa 2022 click here.