The African Plant Nutrition Institute has launched the YOUNG AFRICAN PHOSPHORUS FELLOWSHIP AWARD-2022 a one-time award to support scientific research aimed at better understanding and managing phosphorus (P) in African agro-ecosystems.
The African Plant Nutrition Institute (APNI) in collaboration with its partners are the co-sponsor of the YOUNG AFRICAN PHOSPHORUS FELLOWSHIP AWARD-2022 Program and are glad to make this initiative available once again to African countries.
- Five early-career scientists working in an African NARES institution (National Agricultural Research and Extension System) or African university will each receive a $5,000 award.
- The Fellowship is open to scientists working at an African NARES institution or university who are under the age of 40 at the time of application.
- Applicants must provide an innovative plan that fills knowledge gaps or summarize existing data in order to improve P management. Include an explanation of how the award will be utilized to meet the proposal’s goals (for example, to finance research activities and/or travel).
- Any evidence of scientific collaboration and institutional collaboration will be highly regarded.
- Female scientists are urged to apply in particular.
- Applicants must be from Africa.
(You must provide the following materials in either English or French to complete the application process)
- A description of how the Fellowship will lead to improved understanding of P management in agricultural systems. (Outline any new research, data synthesis, or travel that will be supported with the Fellowship funds).
- Electronic copy of two letters of support, one of which must be from the applicant’s supervisor (Letters must be signed and written on official letterhead and include the phone number and e-mail address of the letter writer).
- A resume that includes, date of birth, academic degrees, and any relevant publications about P behaviour in soil, water or plants.
- A short report will be required at the end of the award period that describes how the funds were used to support the outcomes of the proposal.
- You will be required to upload documents during the on-line application process. It is recommended that electronic (pdf) copies of these documents be prepared in advance.
Kindly go through all application requirements in the Award before you apply.
Submit by the 30 June, 2022 (deadline).