AERC Collaborative PhD Programme (CPP) SCHOLARSHIP 2022
Wish to pursue your Ph.D. but require financial assistance, AERC Collaborative PhD Programme (CPP) SCHOLARSHIP 2022 aims at strengthening teaching and research capacity in Sub-Saharan African countries, expanding the pool of potential researchers and policy analysts, and gradually building up and retaining African scholars in Africa and to expand the number of professionals who are familiar with – and experts on – African concerns, potentially leading to the formation of various theories and African solutions to these challenges.
African Economic Research Consortium (AERC)was founded in 1988 with a simple Idea to set up a framework for supporting sound economic research on themes of importance to the management of economies in Africa and make existing expertise available through experienced economists who could serve as resource persons to the researchers supported under the framework.
Following the research activities, a postgraduate training program was established, followed by a publishing and communications component. Today AERC reaches across sub-Saharan Africa, with research and training alumni serving in central banks, ministries of finance, economic departments of universities and policy research institutes. AERC is based in Nairobi.
AERC Collaborative PhD Programme (CPP) SCHOLARSHIP 2022 incorporates theory, tools, and African applications into academic instruction, ensuring that theory is empirically grounded.
Table of Content
• About African Economic Research Consortium (AERC)
• Collaborative PhD Programme (CPP)
• Aim and Benefits of Collaborative PhD Programme (CPP)
• Requirements for Collaborative PhD Programme (CPP) Qualification
• Documents Required for Application
- The scholarship is fully funded.
- Have applied and been admitted to any one of the CPP degree-awarding universities.
- Have attained at Bachelor’s Degree level at least a Second Class Honours (Upper Division) or equivalent in Economics or related field from an accredited university.
- Have a Master’s Degree (with coursework and thesis component) in Economics, Agricultural Economics or related fields from a recognized University. The coursework should have covered microeconomics, macroeconomics and quantitative methods.
- Posse at least 1 relevant publication in a refereed journal will be an added advantage.
- Evidence of engagement in economic management, research and/or training in the public sector will be an added advantage.
(Applications should be supported by the following documentation)
- Evidence of registration in a recognized PhD programme in Economics.
- A copy of approved research proposal, complete with clearly defined objectives, substantial literature review.
- A letter of reference from the thesis supervisor.
- A description of the plan of work for the thesis research including details of fieldwork and write-up.
- A detailed budget.
- Evidence of any additional financial support that may be necessary to complete the programme.
- A curriculum vitae.
July 31, 2022
Leave a Comment