The application for the World Bank Group Internship Program is now ongoing. The deadline for this summer term program that will take place from May to September 2022 is January 31, 2022. Highly motivated individuals are offered an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of the World Bank through this Bank Internship Program (BIP) to allow them bring new perspectives, innovative ideas and research experiences into the bank’s work as they improve their skills across a diverse environment. This also gives them an opportunity to enhance their CVs with actual practical work experience. Internship allocations are available in both operations and other business units that include human resources, communications, accounting and many more. However, it is vital to note that a business need commands the availability of an internship term – World Bank Group Summer paid Internship Program 2022 for Young Professionals
There is no age limit for this program but applicants must have an undergraduate degree as well as be enrolled in a full-time study program. They should be pursuing a master’s degree or PhD with plans of returning to school on a full-time basis.
It is desirable for the applicants to have knowledge in French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese and Chinese but fluency in English is a must. Having computing skills are considered advantageous.
This internship program is typically intended to find candidates for; front line operations in the following fields: economics, finance, human development such as public health, education, nutrition and population, social sciences i.e. anthropology and sociology, agriculture, environment, engineering, urban planning, natural resources management, private sector development, and other related fields; or corporate support including accounting, communications, human resources management, information technology, treasury and other corporate services.
All interns get an hourly salary and an allowance toward travel expenses of up to USD $3,000 at the discretion of the manager where applicable. Only transport expenses (airfare) to or from duty station city is covered by this travel expense. Accommodations is a responsibility of the interns. Most intern positions are based in Washington, DC with a few of them in the world bank country offices. These internship opportunities take usually a minimum of four weeks and it is given two times a year
- Summer Internship: This takes place from May to September and the application period is between December 1 to January 31 every year
- Winter Internship: The application period is from October 1 to October 31 each year and it takes place in November to March.
Application by email is not accepted. Candidates intending to apply must submit their applications online and during the respective application period.
Application Procedure for World Bank Group Summer paid Internship Program 2022 for Young Professionals
Application form: You will be required to prepare your application and then enter your personal information correctly. The following documents will be asked for and you will have to upload them;
- Curriculum Vita (CV)
- Statement of interest
- Proof of enrolment in a graduate degree
Application checklist: To facilitate your application experience, the following application checklist will be required;
- You should use browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer 10 or higher as a browser version
- Have reasonable bandwidth of internet connection that has no network or firewall restriction
- Make sure you register for an account by providing a correctly spelled email address as this will be your main channel of communication regarding your candidacy
- An application must be completed and submitted in a single session. All important/required fields are marked with asterisk (*).
- To avoid system timeout, you must complete the application within ninety (90) minutes
- When entering phone number, use the ‘country code + city code + number’ format
- You are not allowed to enter any special characters such as -<>&# and others in any of the application fields. Avoid coping and pasting any characters or texts from Microsoft Word
- Upload all the required documents above before submitting your application as they are mandatory. Each file you upload must not exceed 5MB and it should be in the .doc, .docx or .pdf format
- Ensure that the filenames of the documents you are uploading do not contain any special characters and it is recommended that you upload pdf files
- You will not be able to make changes to your application once submitted
- You will receive an email confirmation that will provide you with an application number once you submit your application
The Selection Process
Applications are kept in a database consulted by hiring managers who have access to it during the summer internship and winter internship periods and it is based on business needs. Only shortlisted will be contacted. Each season has its sole business need and there is no pre-defined number of positions for interns per season.
You can read more about the benefits of World Bank Group Summer paid Internship Program 2022 for Young Professionals from HERE