To enable them join and contribute to a movement of health equity, the Global Health
Corps (GHC) Fellowship Program recruits and trains talented young leaders with a wide range of skills and backgrounds. The applications for this fellowship program are currently ongoing and its deadline is January 12, 2022 – Global Health Corps (GHC) Fellowship Program 2022 – 2023 with a stipend paid
Young professionals are recruited using GHC’s highly selective process to serve for thirteen (13) months on the front line of global health in high-impact roles. They make significant contributions to their placement organizations and the communities in which they serve during their fellowship year. Passion from thousands of applicants is what inspires and amazes GHC although they are only able to accept 2-3% of those applications each year. The GHC currently places fellows in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda and Zambia.
A GHC fellow gets an intensive leadership development and professional growth as well as other several benefits outlined below;
- A monthly living stipend
- Professional development funds
- A completion award
- An housing facility
- An insurance cover
- Covered travel costs to and from GHC training and retreats
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for this fellowship program, you must;
- Be below the age of thirty (30)
- Hold a bachelor’s or undergraduate degree
- Be proficient in the English language
- Be a citizen or legal permanent resident of Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda or Zambia
The Selection Criteria
This fellowship program is intended for high potential leaders who come from every sector and professional background and are able to bring the necessary skills to address critical health systems gaps. The applicant must embody key leadership practices such as;
- Collaborative: They value inclusion and collaboration across different sectors, cultures and borders and they are ready to listen to and embrace other people’s points of view even when they disagree with or different from their own
- Committed to learning: They are willing to approach a personally transformative year with integrity, humility and self-reflection while pushing themselves out of the comfort zone in order to learn and practice self-care
- Inspiring and mobilizing: They are willing to use the most powerful tool for change that is, the willingness to strengthen and use their voice in order to engage others to create a space for a critical conversation and effect meaningful social change in the area of global health
- Committed to social justice: Social justice in health is their passion. They have patience and the motivation to engage in the hard and complex work of building fair health systems
- Adaptive and innovative: A design building approach to building a better world is what excites them by creatively embracing problems and embracing failure as learning experience
- Results driven: They are motivated to do day-to-day work needed to bring about positive change in the global health equity movement. This inspires them to bring their best self forward
Each year, the fellowship receives a high number of great and inspiring applicants to join the class. However, they can only take a very small percentage. This means that applying for up to three roles can give you an advantage over other applicants. In case you do not get selected, you can always try again the following year as about a third of the fellows have applied more than once.
It is of importance tocomprehend that the application process are designed to assess your leadership fit for the Global Health corps C community plus your skills fit for your role.
For more information on how to apply for Global Health Corps (GHC) Fellowship Program 2022 – 2023, please click here