The application for the Ashoka changemakers is currently ongoing for young leaders under the age of twenty. This is a network of selected passionately young people who have managed to find their power to create change for the good as well as determined to take on their role as influencers, peer allies and co-leaders of the global Everyone a Changemaker movement. Ashoka Young Changemakers Programme 2022 for Young Change Agents
You can express interest by completing the nomination form in order to be considered for the upcoming selection panels in your country. You can nominate yourself or a young person you know to become an Ashoka young changemaker.
Currently, the AYC- Ashoka Young Change Makers is a program that is available within the following countries ; Nigeria, United States, Bangladesh, Brazil, India, and Indonesia. It is important to note that you can only apply for this programme in the country that you are a resident of. However, in case you do not live in these countries, you can write to your Ashoka Country office for the youth related opportunities in your country.
Who is eligible?
The AYC is an opportunity for you in case;
- You are below the age of 20
- You consider yourself as a changemaker that is, through;
- Your idea: You sympathize with a particular problem and you come up with your original solution for addressing it.
- Your team: You have an idea and decide to build a team around it. You help your team come to a realization that they can create a positive change.
- Your world change: You are committed to do good things to others by helping them improve their lives and the environment around them.
- You are deeply passionate about co-leading the global Everyone a Changemaker movement
- You are a co-leader: You want to help your peers and everyone else in your school or community or country to find their power so that they can take the initiative and solve problems affecting them and the people around them.
Stage 1: Online Nomination and Screening
You can nominate yourself or another person that you know using the online form. You should be able to reflect on your journey and access inspiring ideas to advance your initiative.
Stage 2: National Review
You should learn more about the co-leadership opportunities and interact with the Ashoka team in your country so that you can contribute and offer useful insights to help you accelerate the growth of your leadership and changemaking abilities.
Stage 3: International Review
Here, you interact with young changemakers from the global network and senior leader from the Ashoka team to understand Ashoka better as well as advancing your journey through gaining expert insights.
Stage 4: Selection panel
At this stage, you attend an in-person discussion and selection panel that includes top social entrepreneurs, journalists and other leaders. You meet top young changemakers and share ideas to influence the youth culture in your country. You also get an opportunity to co-lead the Everyone a Changemaker movement.
During the visit, candidates are allowed to bring a parent or an adult ally with all expenses including domestic travel, accommodation and food catered for.
For more information on the Ashoka Young Changemakers Programme 2022 for Young Change Agents and how best to apply, please click here