You are invited to apply for the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs – AWE Uganda cohort 3. The U.S Embassy Department of state’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs came up with an Academy for Women in Entrepreneurship with a program to support women entrepreneurs around the World.
The Academy supported by the White House-led Women’s Global Development and Prosperity Initiative (W-GDP), Will empower women with the practical skills required to create sustainable business enterprises. The Academy for Women Entrepreneurs is committed to availing women with Knowledge, tools plus networks that they will need to turn their ideas into successful business enterprises.
This will be done through online learning, Women in Africa, Latin America, Papua New Guinea, the Caribbean plus Spain will grow their business Network with mentors so that they can see their ideas come to reality. The Academy for Women Entrepreneurs – AWE is in the fight to uplift collective economic prosperity plus global stability through creating a holistic learning community to support the development of women that got brilliant ideas into successful entrepreneurs.
- Learning new Business Knowledge and skills from the Dream builder program
- Acquiring knowledge from fellow entrepreneurs, curated list of speakers and SHONA Experts.
- Getting to understand the fundamentals of scaling and developing a business.
- Getting exposed to US models for business development
- Accessing funding from the US African Development Foundation – USADF
- Getting access to funding from the SHONA loan, to be invested for 12 months uncollateralized loans of USD. 1000 – USD 10,000
- Becoming part of the US Embassy Network inclusive of alumni of US government exchange programs, plus other AWE alumni, business experts from the Ugandan branches of American companies.
- Permission to access markets
- Applicants should be Women Entrepreneurs based in Kampala, Kabarole, Mbale, Lira and surrounding districts;
- Between ages of 25 – 40 years
- Have 1 – 5 years of business experience;
- Manage or own a for-profit business that is legally registered either by URSB Uganda Registration Bureau or Local Authorities like City Councils;
- Must pose the potential to expand and grow the business with our support.
- Know computer basics with access to the internet or internet-connected smartphone
- Fluent in English
Lick here to Apply for the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs
For more information click here