AFRICAN APP LAUNCHPAD (AAL) COMPETITION 2021 FOR APP DEVELOPMENT AND GAME DEVELOPMENT AFRICAN STARTUPS ($USD 72K CASH PRIZES)
Application deadline: October 31st, 2021
The African App Launchpad (AAL) initiative is an Africa-wide platform targeting to build the capacity of Youth from Egypt and other African countries and encourage the establishment of sustainable startups in the category of advanced ever new changing app and game technologies.
AAL – African App Launchpad aims to build a capacity of about 10,000 young calibers and help in the setting up of 100 startups in gaming and app development across all of Africa. AAL – African App Launchpad works by availing a high-quality, technology-learning online platform via crowd-sourcing best top online content developed by known universities and leading companies, and as well delivered through the 3 leading MOOCs that is ; Coursera, edX, and Udacity.
OBJECTIVES FOR AFRICAN APP LAUNCHPAD (AAL) COMPETITION 2021 FOR APP DEVELOPMENT
- Building capacity and certifying young African calibers on the recent advances in in-app and game technologies.
- Increasing the competitiveness of African ICT companies by availing an abundant talent pool.
- Forming Africa-wide learning networks in leading technologies to act as a platform for encouraging technology innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Supporting the creation of job and business opportunities for the African youth through wage employment, freelancing, and startups establishment.
- Citizens of each officially participating African country can apply through the initiative website.
- Applicants are accepted as learners subject to fulfilling the following criteria:
- A higher-education college graduate of the year 2006 at most or will graduate within 2 years (by 2021). Can access all tracks.
- Non-ICT applicants and junior university students are eligible for some introductory tracks, a good knowledge of essential ICT technologies is recommended through the following:
- 2-years work track in ICT.
- A 6 months international training record in software technologies.
- Eligible African Countries: Egypt, Algeria, Angola, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Libya, South Africa, Ghana, Malawi, Senegal, Madagascar, Mauritania, Togo, Uganda, Niger, Namibia, Rwanda, Nigeria and The Gambia.
- Apply as Teams or Startups up to 2 years Old
- A working Prototype at least is a Must
- Team Size not Less than 2 Members
Join this if your startup team or group is working on game development, i.e. VR or AR applications.
Join this track if your startup team is working on specific App development using any technology. (Mobile, Cloud, Web, IOT, AL,.. etc.)
Prizes and Perks
- $USD 72K Total Cash Prizes for Winners
- Cloud credits from Startup with IBM program
- Business Planning and Tech Training by IBM
- Mentorship by IBM Experts
Free top-quality learning track in one of the advanced app and game technologies.
Potential opportunity to attend a local learning convention to experience cross-learning and also discuss the business impact of the used technologies.
Opportunity to join startup competitions where each winning startup is awarded USD 2k in addition to possible seed fund or incubation service.
Being informed of Africa-wide employment opportunities
A Prestigious international certificate will be awarded and acquired after successfully completing the learning track.
For More Information about AAL click here