Application Deadline: February 1st, 2024
Every July, the Department of Urbanism at the Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment at the Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) hosts the Summer School Planning and Design with Water for Sustainability. The Netherlands’ ancient city of Delft is home to the Faculty of Architecture.
- In order to participate you need to be enrolled in a higher education course* [However, we also accept students who have graduated recently. Please, explain your situation in your letter of motivation]. The school is intended for students who have had at least 3 years of higher education in a discipline related to the built environment/ urban development.
- The Summer School welcomes architects, urban planners, engineers, designers, geographers, historians, sociologists, engineers, environmental engineers, and students of other areas concerned with the built environment. However, you must be willing to understand URBANISM.
Beginning in 2016, students from Sub-Saharan Africa between the ages of 22 and 28 are eligible to apply for two full scholarships from the Department of Urbanism at TU Delft to attend the Summer School.
Selected students will assist in promoting our learning philosophy and principles by serving as ambassadors for TU Delft, the Department of Urbanism, and the Delft Global Initiative.
- TU Delft is looking for exceptionally motivated individuals with excellent communication skills, leadership qualities and capacity to work in a group in a collaborative way, who can demonstrate they will give a notable contribution to the Summer School and who can act as multipliers of the knowledge acquired at their home institutions.
This scholarship is meant for young African instructors (less than 35 years old) who want to attend the annual Summer School Planning and Design with Water, which is hosted by the TU Delft’s Department of Urbanism within the Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment.
- Be 35 years old or younger by December of the year of application.
- Be affiliated to a higher education or research institution, or to a local or national government. This scholarship is for young teachers or civil servants working with urban or regional planning.
- Be able to provide proof of affiliation (letter confirming you are affiliated to an institution or local government, signed and stamped).
- Be able to speak fluent English.
- Be able to teach the principles learned at the Summer School at their institutions of origin (they must have a teaching or instructor position).
- Be a teacher or civil servant in one of the following areas: Architecture, Urban design, Spatial planning (town, urban and regional planning), Environmental engineering, Water engineering, Urban law and management, Political sciences, Public administration, Areas that have a close relationship with planning and design of sustainable cities and communities
The winner of the scholarship will have the following benefits:
- Ticket from and to your country of residence
- Accommodation during the summer school
- Meals and transportation allowance
Up to 2000 euros in costs are covered by the scholarship. It is up to the candidates how much they want to spend on each item. Should there be any overspending, the candidate will foot the bill. Beyond 2000 euros, TU Delft is not liable for a candidate’s financial support.
Upon completion of the programme, candidates will receive a certificate of their participation in the Summer School.
For More Information:
For timely and daily Updates Join our social Media groups Whatsapp 1 , Whatsapp 2 , Whatsapp 3, Whatsapp 4 Whatsapp 5 , Whatsapp 6 , Whatsapp 7 , Whatsapp 8 , Whatsapp 9, Whatsapp 10, Whatsapp 11, TELEGRAM 1 , TELEGRAM 2 CHANNELS
TU Delft Summer School Students and Teachers Scholarships