Deadline: varying | EAGLE SCOUT SCHOLARSHIPS
About NESA EAGLE SCOUT SCHOLARSHIPS
Our goal is to use Eagle pride to drive initiatives that advance Scouting. Eagle Scout pride has been given a purpose by the National Eagle Scout Association (NESA) for more than 50 years: a Scout’s path does not finish at Eagle.
NESA celebrates Eagle Scout spirit, encourages Eagle Scout accomplishments, and provides Eagles with chances to carry on Scouting’s objective, ideals, and time-honored traditions for future generations.
NESA members are essential to the development of a world full of leaders who uphold the Scout Law and Oath to be accountable and engaged citizens.
Scholarships from the National Eagle Scout Association
Supporting and fostering connections between Eagle Scouts and Eagle Scout alumni is the mission of the National Eagle Scout Association (NESA). Additionally, there are several scholarships available from the NESA to students in three categories: academic, merit, and NESA World Explorer.
The Eagle Scouts who are “getting it done” in the classroom are supported by the NESA Academic Scholarships. Here are the specifics:
- Qualifications: Eagle Scouts in their final year of high school with a minimum SAT score of 1290 or ACT score of 28 are required.
- Award: Over a four-year period, the scholarships’ value ranges from $25,000 to $48,000.
- Deadline: January 31st of each year; applications typically open on December 1st, so act fast!
- It should be noted that kids who receive their Eagle Scout evaluation after October 31st of their senior year are eligible to apply as freshmen in college for the following scholarship cycle.
A Detailed Version Of Nesa Academic Scholarship | National Eagle scout scholarships
- Eagle Scouts must be a member of the National Eagle Scout Association (NESA) to apply.
- Eagle Scouts may apply for NESA scholarships beginning in their senior year of high school through their junior year in an undergraduate program or by the halfway point of their associate degree program or skilled trade program.
- Recipients may receive a NESA scholarship one time only.
- NESA scholarships are available to Eagle Scouts currently enrolled in or accepted by an accredited educational institution as a full-time student (at least 12 credit hours) in a program leading to an academic degree (including associate degrees) or a skilled trade program.
- Cooke four-year scholarship awardees must be enrolled in an accredited four year college or university as a full-time student (at least 12 credit hours) in a program leading to a bachelors degree.
- NESA scholarships are not available to students attending any of the U.S. military academies.
- NESA scholarships are not available to graduate students pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree.
Available NESA Scholarships 2024 | eagle scout scholarship
Scholarships are awarded to Eagle Scouts who have shown active participation in school, Scouting activities, and community service, and who demonstrate they understand the fundamentals of service to community, service to Scouting and their character. They should also demonstrate that, if they have a financial need, what distinguishes their financial need from others.
- One recipient will be selected for a four-year $48,000 Lawrence S. and Mabel Cooke Scholarship (up to $12,000 per year for four years).
- Four recipients will be selected for a four-year $25,000 Lawrence S. and Mabel Cooke Scholarship (up to $6,250 per year for four years).
- One recipient will be selected from each NST for a one-year $10,000 Lawrence S. and Mabel Cooke Scholarship.
- One recipient will be selected from each NST for a one-year $5,000 National Eagle Scout Association Endowment Scholarship.
- One recipient will be selected from each NST for a one-year $4,500 Hansen & Mary Hall Scholarship.
- One recipient will be selected from each NST for a one-year $3,500 Lester S. McElwain Eagle Scholarship, Robert and Rebecca Palmer Eagle Scout Scholarship, or National Eagle Scout Association Legacy Society Scholarship.
Eagle Board of Review Date:
Must be on or before January 24, 2024.
Application Portal Open:
December 1, 2023, through January 31, 2024.
Application Must be Completed and Submitted
By 11:59 p.m. CST on January 31, 2024.
Announcement of Scholarship Awards:
June 10, 2024.
A STEM scholarship is available for Eagle Scouts who intend to major in a STEM-related career. The four-year scholarship has a $50,000 value.
Merit scholarships are the next kind of scholarships given out by the NESA. Eagle Scouts who have demonstrated a commitment to community service, excelled academically, and participated in both their school and Scouting communities are eligible to apply for these scholarships. Here is some overview information regarding the merit scholarships:
- Qualifications: Eagle Scouts who are seniors in high school, first-year college students, sophomore college students, junior college students, or have one year left in a vocational or trade school are eligible.
- Prize: between $2,000 and $5,000
- October 31st is the deadline (students may apply more than once for these scholarships).
NESA World Explorer
The NESA World Explorer Scholarships are the third category of Eagle Scout scholarships. These scholarships contribute to the global funding of NESA World Explorer field trips! Here is other information regarding these awards:
Students must be between the ages of 18 and 35 in order to be eligible.
Amount: Not specified (to pay for travel, housing, and NESA World Explorer research trip registration).
October 31st is the deadline (students may apply more than once).