Closing on 5th December 2023 | Office Assistant Job Vacancy In Italy | UNESCO
- Post Number : 1ITSCTA 009VC
- Grade : G-3
- Parent Sector : Natural Sciences Sector (SC)
- Duty Station: Trieste
- Job Family: Natural Sciences
- Type of contract : Temporary Appointment
- Duration of contract : From 7 to 11 months
- Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
- Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 05-DEC-23
- UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
- Only candidates who are entitled to work in the E.U. may apply to this position
- Contract duration is 7-11 months with possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
For timely and daily Updates Join our social Media groups Whatsapp 1 , Whatsapp 2 , Whatsapp 3, Whatsapp 4 Whatsapp 5 , Whatsapp 6 , Whatsapp 7 , Whatsapp 8 , Whatsapp 9, Whatsapp 10, Whatsapp 11, TELEGRAM 1 , TELEGRAM 2 CHANNELS
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) aims at building scientific capacity In developing countries. The TWAS Executive Director is the overall responsible officer for TWAS and the entire TWAS – InterAcademy Partnership (IAP) – Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD) Secretariat.
Under the direct supervision of the TWAS Programme Coordinator and under the authority of the TWAS Executive Director, and in coordination with the Associate Programme Officers, the Incumbent provides administrative and secretarial assistance related to the functioning of Capacity Building Unit , which implements programmes to strengthen science and technology in developing countries. As part of the Capacity Building Unit, the Incumbent provides support designed to assure the smooth-running of the Unit by providing administrative help.
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Receive and log applications for Capacity Building Programmes; check eligibility and, if relevant, assign applications to reviewers for evaluation; send out award letters; provide support for the purchase of equipment and reagents for research grants; respond to procedural queries, keep the database up to date; request and receive final reports from grantees and upload into database.
- Provide support with the organisation of workshops/conferences, with the logistics and communications with attendees; help with the drafting of letters and various correspondence associated with the event; assist with the preparation of support material for the events as well as collection of feedback for evaluation and planning of future editions.
- Follow guidelines by the Programme Coordinator to increase current outreach efforts by including new contacts into the database and carry out dissemination in target countries on specific programmes and calls
- Prepare standard reports for the Executive Director and/or the Programme Coordinator including data and information on programme related activities
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
Planning and organizing (C)
Results focus (C)
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
- Completed secondary, technical and/or vocational school.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant administrative or project support experience
- Excellent knowledge of modern office skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organizational and coordination skills
- Ability to ensure efficiency
- Flexibility to adjust to work schedules and priorities
- Excellent knowledge (spoken and written) of English
- Secretarial and administration experience in an international environment is an asset as well as previous handling of quotations and communication with suppliers and other partners
- Tact and ability to work harmoniously with visitors and staff of different national and cultural backgrounds
- Basic knowledge (spoken and written) of Italian or other UN language is an asset
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
The approximate annual starting salary for this post is 34 222 Euro €.
For full information on benefits and entitlements, please consult our Guide to Staff Benefits.
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
- Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information.
- The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
- UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
- Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
CLICK HERE To Apply For Office Assistant Job Vacancy In Italy | UNESCO
CLICK HERE For More UNESCO Jobs