Deadline: 3rd December 2023 | Yenching Academy Scholarship For Masters Study In China At Peking University 2024
Every year, the Yenching Academy welcomes about 120 new students to study, live, and learn alongside one another from both the Chinese Mainland and outside. About 80% of the student body is made up of international students.
Students are free to create their own study plans with any combination of courses from the six research topics; they will select one of these areas for their theses. To complement basic courses, the Academy and other departments and colleges of Peking University provide a wide selection of electives. Our interdisciplinary approach fosters communication between academic fields and fosters an atmosphere that is favourable to creative and productive idea exchanges.
- Fees for tuition
- Monthly Allowance
- A single round-trip ticket
- Costs of a Field Study
- Applicants with master’s degrees from Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macao, and other Chinese regions, as well as those from abroad, are encouraged to apply. Of the 2021 Cohort Yenching Scholars, about 24% have earned a master’s degree before. Graduate degree holders are not given preference throughout the selection procedure. Requirements differ for candidates who are from the Mainland of China. (See “What are the qualifying requirements for holders of PRC passports?”)
- Main Land Chinese applicants have a distinct application procedure. P.R.C. passport holders who are currently enrolled as undergraduates in Mainland Chinese universities are eligible for September 2024 admission, per the conditions set forth by the Chinese Ministry of Education. Students from Taiwan, Macao, and Hong Kong, three Chinese regions, are exempt from this requirement.
- Mainland Chinese finalists will be interviewed in the summer or in September. International finalists, as well as finalists from the Chinese regions of Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan, will be interviewed in the winter or early spring.
- All Chinese candidates, including those from the Chinese regions of Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan, must attend interviews in person at Peking University. International candidates can attend interviews online or in person. Finalists will be contacted approximately one week in advance of the interview date.
- Candidates from the Chinese Mainland will receive admission decisions no later than October. Admission decisions for international candidates, as well as candidates from the Chinese regions of Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan, will be made around April. Those who accept our offers will then be approved through an internal process at Peking University, and receive their official acceptance letters in the summer before enrollment.
For more information, visit Yenching Academy.