Deadline: December 1st 2023 | Knight-Wallace Journalism Fellowship USA 2024 (Fully Funded)
The Knight-Wallace Fellowships provide experienced journalists with two valuable but scarce resources: time and money. In order to utilise the resources of a top-tier university and get started on a media project, journalists who are eager to advance and are strongly committed to the future of journalism spend an academic year at The University of Michigan. Focus areas may include, but are not limited to, building a journalistic enterprise, addressing a problem in your newsroom, sifting through data and conducting research for a long-term reporting project.
Up to 20 Fellows from all elements of journalism are chosen by the Knight-Wallace Fellowships if they are prepared to advance in their careers and join us in Ann Arbour for this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- An intensive study programme lasting eight months, from late August to early April, without daily deadlines
- Individual journalism initiatives intended to deepen topical understanding, acquire new skills, resolve a problem in the newsroom, or investigate a journalism venture
- Access to faculty members and specialised tools at the University of Michigan
- For frank, off-the-record discussions, private seminars with newsroom executives, change agents, and recognised experts are held.
- Workshops to improve leadership and professional skills
- Living expenses will be covered by a monthly stipend of $85,000 + $5,000 for relocation fees from August through April (Wallace House will cover the costs of health insurance, auditing classes, and taking part in fellowship requirements seminars and activities).* To fulfil each Fellow’s housing needs, we provide personalised relocation support and help finding and obtaining accommodation.
- Couples and partners are welcome to attend university lectures and take part in fellowship activities.
- For journalists who do not possess a U.S. passport, the application deadline for the academic year 2024–2025 is December 1, 2023.
For more information, visit the Knight-Wallace Journalism Fellowship 2024 Official Website.