Deadline: January 10th 2024 | The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme 2024(Funded)
The French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs launched the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme 2024to help French higher education institutions draw top international students to their master’s and PhD programmes.
It encourages applicants up to 25 years old from developing countries for master’s level programmes and applicants up to 30 years old from developing and industrialised countries for PhD level programmes, providing opportunities to future foreign decision-makers in the private and public sectors in priority areas of study.
disciplines for master’s and doctoral degrees
The following academic topics are covered under the two main disciplines of the Eiffel Scholarship Programme:
- Technology and science
- Health and biology
- Ecological change
- Computer and mathematical sciences
- Engineering Social sciences and humanities
- French culture, language, and history
- Political science and the law
- Management and the economy
Level of study
- When French higher education institutions and research institutes submit applicants for the Eiffel programme, they promise to accept them into one of the following programmes: a French government-approved master’s degree programme; an accredited engineering programme. – a collaborative doctoral programme (joint dissertation supervision and/or dual degree), in collaboration with a foreign higher education institution.
Duration of the scholarship
- The scholarship is given for the academic year that corresponds to the call for applications for both programme components.
- The study term that is sponsored must start between September 1 and December 31 of the scholarship recipient’s year. The beginning date cannot be changed.
- The scholarship only covers the portions of the academic programme that take place in France, with the exception of the specified internship or exchange periods.
The following reasons:
- For recipients beginning their second year of a master’s programme (M2), a maximum of 12 months.
- For recipients beginning the first year of a master’s programme (M1), a maximum of 24 months.
- For recipients who are starting an engineering programme, a maximum of 36 months.
a doctoral degree
- Eiffel scholarships are given to doctorate students beginning their first year of doctoral studies on or after September 1, 2023, for a maximum of 18 months in France.
- Eiffel scholarship recipients also receive some direct services, such as foreign airfare, domestic travel aid, insurance, help finding lodging, and cultural events, in addition to a monthly income of €1,181.
a doctoral degree
- Eiffel scholarship recipients also receive some direct services, such as foreign airfare, domestic travel aid, insurance, help finding lodging, and cultural events, in addition to a monthly payment of €1,700.
- The Eiffel programme does not cover master’s or doctorate level tuition and costs.
Application for Eiffel Scholarships
- You can get advice regarding your study plans from the Campus France office in your home country or the Cooperation and Culture Office of the French Embassy.
- For information on how to apply for admission (including the deadline for your application to be accepted), get in touch with the French educational institution or research organisation by visiting its website, sending an email to, or calling, its office of foreign relations.
- Tell them you want to be taken into consideration for an Eiffel scholarship.
- You must decide which college or institution best fits your goals for studying or doing research in France. Candidate nominations for Eiffel scholarships are accepted from any French higher education institutions.
- Your application for the Eiffel scholarship has been accepted and supported by the educational institution.
- The institution submits your application via the specific Campus France website.
- Application call opens the week of September 18, 2023
- January 10, 2024, is the deadline for Campus France to receive applications.
- Results release: first week of April 2024
For more information, visit the official website for the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Programme of the French Government 2024.