Deadline: 25th September 2023 | World Food Forum Photo Contest by FAO Liaison Office in Geneva
Some production, processing, and consuming practises in our existing agrifood system contribute to climate change. Intensive farming methods, deforestation, and overuse of natural resources are all factors. Nevertheless, using sustainable farming methods can have a good effect and offer a way to mitigate climate change.
We may drastically lessen our environmental impact by using sustainable farming practises including fostering biodiversity, safeguarding natural resources, practising climate-smart agriculture, or cutting down on food waste. We can feed the expanding population while reducing climate change and guaranteeing a healthier planet for future generations by reforming our agrifood systems to be more sustainable.
The FAO Liaison Office in Geneva is pleased to announce the beginning of its World Food Forum Photo Contest by FAO Liaison Office in Geneva in support of these initiatives. The competition offers a thrilling opportunity for youth to showcase their talent and present what sustainable agrifood systems and climate action mean for them through visual storytelling in honour of the 2023 World Food Forum (WFF), an independent, youth-led global network of partners facilitated and hosted by FAO to engage young people in the transformation of agrifood systems.
Are you a young photographer who wishes to promote youth initiatives to bring about good transformative change as well as bring attention to challenges with the agrifood system and climate change? The time to submit your pictures is right now! From July 27 to September 25, 2023, entries for the competition may be submitted.
Pictures demonstrating one or more of the following are what we’re looking for:
- “Agrifood systems transformation accelerates climate action” is the WFF’s 2018 theme.
- Showcase the connection between sustainable agri-food systems and tackling climate change.
- Emphasise the important contributions and initiatives made by young people to the more sustainable development of our agri-food systems.
- Showcase the traditional and local wisdom in preserving the agrifood and environmental systems.
- Showcase community-led initiatives to adopt sustainable practises, such as reducing food loss and waste.
- By the end of September, winners will be announced and notified by email. A bag of FAO memorabilia and a certificate of appreciation in their honour will be sent to each winner’s current address, together with signatures from FAO and the World Food Forum. The winning images will be shown at the Palais de Nations in Geneva, Switzerland, the site of countless international conferences, meetings, and events each year. The exhibition will take place in October 2023 as part of events for World Food Day organised by the FAO Liaison Office in Geneva as well as during the Flagship Week of the World Food Forum from October 16–October 20, 2023.
Please carefully read and accept the Terms & Conditions before uploading your images.
Please download the submission form, complete it, and email it to LOGfirstname.lastname@example.org to contribute your images.