Deadline: October 16th 2023 | Innovation Makers Challenge For Youth In Nigeria(N3.5M)
The Technology and Telecommunication Working Group (TTSWG) launched the Innovation Makers Challenge (IMC) to support young inventors in Nigeria’s technology and telecommunications sector. Young innovators from all throughout the country can exhibit their innovative, technology-driven ideas and products at the IMC’s Innovators Challenge. The challenge concludes with an Innovators Boot Camp where 20 chosen candidates will get advice and mentoring from professionals in the field. The top boot camp participants will submit their concepts at the Innovators Conference and Exhibition in an effort to win cash prizes to fund their inventive endeavours.
- The Innovation Makers’ Challenge aims to assist and empower young Nigerians who develop novel ideas that have a positive influence on society.
- Win a portion of the cash prize of 3.5 million Naira.
- At the Innovators’ Bootcamp, receive instruction from subject-matter experts.
- Get the chance to showcase your innovations and make a pitch to investors, venture capitalists, C-suite executives, and subject matter experts.
- Gain exposure through publicity in print and online media.
- Connect with other innovators, tech enthusiasts, business professionals, etc.
Application Period: 11th September 2023 is the application deadline.
Application Deadline: October 16, 2023
Entry Evaluation Period: October 17–October 26, 2023
Application Status Notification: October 26, 2023
Bootcamp will begin on November 2nd, 2023.
Conference and trade show: November 9, 2023
Young innovators who fit the following requirements are eligible for the Innovation Makers’ Challenge:
- At the time of the application deadline or earlier, you are between the ages of 18 and 35.
- the following categories: assistive technology, energy technology, agrotechnology, waste management/climate innovation, education technology (including gaming apps/innovation), and finance technology.
- Can promise to travel to Lagos, Nigeria on November 9 to attend the Innovation Conference and Exhibition.
- Able to read, write, and speak English with ease.
- Innovations must be created by a single person or a team of no more than five people.
- Innovations must be distinctive and original.
- Everyone who is interested is encouraged to submit their entries to the Innovation Makers Challenge. All qualified applications will be examined by our jury after the application deadline.
- The top 20 candidates will be chosen from a shortlist after assessment to attend the Innovators’ Bootcamp.
- During the three-day virtual bootcamp, participants would receive instruction from subject-matter experts in business development/entrepreneurship, corporate structure and policy, commercialization, management and marketing, technology regulations and intellectual property, grants and funding acquisition, and more.
For more information, visit Innovation Makers challenge.