Deadline: September 22nd 2023 | Mega Impact-A-Thon for Nigerian Licensed Pharmacists(N750 000)
As a celebratory project to honour Mega Lifesciences’ twenty years of significant achievements, the Mega Impact-A-Thon for Nigerian Licensed Pharmacists(N750 000) has been launched. This honour will highlight the significant impact that chemists have on the communities they serve throughout all of Nigeria.
Outstanding entries will compete for a cumulative Impact Grant reward worth N750,000 in order to receive respected acknowledgment. This acknowledgment effort is positioned to support and strengthen community-based advancements, supporting Nigeria’s development efforts. Additionally, it aims to increase awareness of the crucial importance of community development.
- Category 1 Impact Grant: $350,000
- 250,000 for category 2.
- 150,000 for Category 3.
Stages of an Application:
- Pharmacy professionals fill out an application form at the pre-selection stage. Applications must include details about their community impact initiatives, such as supporting documentation and social media handles.
- The 50 pharmacists who made the short list will participate in a 5-part mentoring programme designed to mentor and provide young pharmacists with the resources they need to be successful. The fifty (50) semi-finalists will be narrowed down by an internal jury.
- At a virtual pitch event, the top three winners will be chosen.
- All Nigerian chemists with a licence who have less than ten (10) years of experience are eligible to enter the competition.
- Candidates must be employed in the healthcare industry and involved in a physical or online community impact initiative. All pharmacy sub-sectors are eligible to participate in the competition, as are pharmacists and pharmacies.
- The entries should discuss a one-time or ongoing community impact project focused on health and wellbeing, along with its inspiration and benefits. Project completion must have occurred between August 2022 and August 2023.
- Individuals must submit the online application form in order to participate. Each applicant must submit an application that includes a brief synopsis of their community impact projects, supporting documentation, and a statement of goals and motivation. The submission cutoff date is September 22, 2023.
Final Evaluation and Selection of Winners:
- An experienced panel will evaluate applications. On September 25, 2023, World Pharmacists Day, the top 50 entries will be revealed. At a virtual ceremony in October, the final three winners will be revealed and honoured.
- For chemists, this competition is a great way to highlight their contributions to the community and creative methods for delivering healthcare. Pharmacy professionals who are enhancing the wellbeing of communities across Nigeria are encouraged to apply.
- Pharmacists and pharmacies are permitted to enter.
Please be thorough when completing the application.
When finished, click the “Submit Form” button at the bottom of the page to submit your entry.
Prior to the application form being submitted and the media being uploaded, entries are not received.
For more information, visit Mega Impact-A-Thon