Deadline: 30th September 2023 | For Startups and SMEs NEX-LABS Innovation vouchers are offered
|Title:||For startups and SMEs NEX-LABS Innovation Vouchers are offered.|
|Fund/Benefit:||With the use of these vouchers, SMEs and entrepreneurs will have access to possible external expertise.|
|Deadline:||30th September 2023|
|Eligible countries:||Cyprus, Egypt,Italy,Jordan, Lebanon, Tunisia and Spain|
For business owners and SMEs based in Cyprus, Italy, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Spain, and Tunisia, the NEX-LABS programme is providing innovation vouchers.
These vouchers are primarily intended for startups and SMEs to hire the services of outside specialists to obtain access to specialised knowledge and skills.
Objectives for NEX-LABS
- To aid in the development of a resilient and sustainable agro-food business based on the NEXUS-driven Open Living Labs (NDOLL) model, thereby enhancing knowledge transfer, industry-academic collaboration, expanding commercialization options, and stimulating innovation-driven growth.
Who will gain?
- 21 Public institutions, including national organisations and ministries
- 35 institutions of higher learning
- 60 SMEs
- 35 organisations that make up the ecosystem of entrepreneurship, including businesses, technology transfer organisations, technological parks, venture capitalists, and business angels
- 35 organisations working together to promote public discourse, including think tanks and communication multipliers.
- There are now 2 NEXUS-Driven Open Living Labs.
- Four company concepts are benefited by incentives for acceleration.
- Allocation of 16 testing and 42 acceleration vouchers
- The involvement of 50 entrepreneurs at a summer school
- 6 spin-offs were created, and 6 co-patents were filed.
- creation of a job bank; signing of eight joint research contracts
- With the use of these vouchers, SMEs and entrepreneurs will have access to possible external expertise in:
- Commercial modelling
- IPR Policy
- Linked industries in marketing
- Regulations for Exporting
- What not covered by this voucher?
- maintaining employees or directors
- R&D expenses
- Software development or licencing
- The order of awarding shall be first come, first served.
- Start: September 3, 2020
- Ending on December 2, 2023
- Target Market Cyprus: All business owners and SMEs operating there are eligible.
- Italy: Businesses and SMEs working in Basilicata, Calabria, Campania, Lazio, Liguria, Puglia, Sardegna, Sicilia, and Toscana are eligible. Abruzzo, Emilia Romagna, Marche, Molise, Piemonte, and Umbria are neighbouring regions.
- Egypt: The following regions in Egypt are eligible: Marsa Matruh, Al Iskandanyah, Al Buhayrah, Kafr ash Shaykh, Ad Daqahliyah, Dumyat, Ash Sharquiyah, Al Isma’iliyah, Bur Sa’id, and Shamal Sina.
- Jordan: The following areas qualify as businesses and SMEs in Jordan:
- Irbid, Madaba, Al-Aqaba, Al-Balga, Al-Karak, and Al-TafilahAjlun, Al-Mafraq, Amman, Az Zarqa’ Jarash, and Ma’an are nearby regions.
- Lebanon: The entire country’s business owners and SMEs are eligible.
- Spain: Businesspeople and SMEs operating in the following areas are eligible: Andaluca, Catalua, Ceuta, Comunidad Valenciana, Islas Baleares, Melilla, and Murcia. Aragon, Castilla-La Mancha, and Extremadura are neighbouring regions.
- Ariana, Béja, Ben Arous, Bizerte, Gabès, Jendouba, Mahdia, Médenine, Monastir, Nabeul, Sfax, Sousse, and Tunis are among the qualifying regions in Tunisia for entrepreneurs and SMEs.
- Gafsa, Kairouan, Kebili, Le Kef, Manouba, Sidi Bouzid, Siliana, Tataouine, and Zaghouan are adjacent regions.
- You’re in a qualifying area.
- You represent a startup, small to medium-sized enterprise, or an early-stage project that will likely spin off in the future.
- If granted, the voucher is in line with NEX-LABS goals.
- You offer goods or services related to food, energy, or water.
- Your product or service is an obvious or possible NEXUS strategy.
- In the WEF-NEXUS framework, your product or service responds to a critical economic, environmental, or social need (e.g., resource efficiency, gender empowerment, resource allocation, community engagement, yield improvement, etc.).
- Your company seems trustworthy and has room for expansion.
- Your good or service provides value that is extra.
- Your product/service is a representation of an actual good or service that is currently on the market or about to be released.
- The suggested consulting service seems achievable within the allotted budget.
- The suggested consulting service can be obtained by the implementing partner by using the appropriate procurement procedures.
- By encouraging expansion, exports, partnership creation, financial infusion, academic engagement, or commercialization, implementing the consulting service is likely to have an impact on the company.
Go to NEX-LABS for further details.