Closing Date 23 September 2023 | Senior Supply Assistant Job Vacancy In Burundi Bujumbura | UNHCR
difficulty level C
Type of Family; Family
Place of residence (if appropriate)
Type of Employee or Affiliate
Assignment Regular > Regular
Work from home accepted
23 September 2023
common job descriptions
Senior Assistant in Supplies
Relationships at work and the organizational environment
The Senior Supply Assistant supports all supply-related activities within the area of responsibility (AoR), including planning, sourcing, and procurement, transport, shipping, customs clearing, warehousing, asset and fleet management, and monitoring.
The incumbent is overseen by a higher level supply role, and the supervisor provides regular direction and instructions on subsequent tasks. On regular jobs, s/he works independently; on more complicated ones, s/he adheres to supervisory instructions. To help in carrying out the supply role, the incumbent may have working relationships with other UNHCR offices, UN agencies, NGOs, government partners, and private contractors in the region. The incumbent’s responsibility is to assist in the management of physical resources within the designated geographic area while using such resources effectively.
Each employee of the UNHCR is responsible for carrying out the tasks outlined in their job description. They act in accordance with the UNHCR’s regulatory framework, which includes the UN Charter, the UN Staff Regulations and Rules, the UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions, as well as any applicable accountability frameworks, and within their scope of authority. Additionally, employees must carry out their duties in a way that is compatible with the fundamental, functional, cross-functional, and managerial skills as well as the key values of the UNHCR, which include professionalism, integrity, and respect for diversity.
- Support the associated supply activities to assist UNHCR end-to-end processes, resulting in the prompt and effective delivery of products and services to persons of concern, in accordance with supply chain norms and regulations.
- Use UNHCR’s sourcing and procurement strategy when making plans to buy significant goods and services.
- Start the customs clearance process for shipments, create exemption requests, and work with regional representatives.
- Provide information on the progress of requests and the availability of commodities in the supply chain. – Assist in arranging the delivery of goods and services.
- Keep thorough and accurate records of all supply-related operations, and provide periodic reports and updates as needed.
- Examine purchase requests for compliance and communicate with requesters.
- Create bid tabulations from quotation requests and tenders, as well as purchase orders for approval.
- Send out Purchase Orders that have been approved, and then ensure that the ordered goods and services are delivered.
- Provide details on all AoR-wide procurement-related actions.
- Create regular and on-demand reports on basic asset management as well as other asset information.
- Ensure that all pertinent business systems have up-to-date data. Compile statistical data on issues relating to the supply chain to help with decision-making.
- Track regional supply KPIs and, when necessary, lend a hand in their preparation.
- Keep an eye on all Supply-related periodic activities, such as monthly reconciliations, quarterly physical inventory exercises, and year-end account closing procedures, and give top management the pertinent information.
- Help Country Operations manage MSRPs.
Within the National Operations:
- To properly support the supply efforts, make sure there is local liaison.
- Help manage the storage of items in accordance with “best practices” and UNHCR guidelines;
- Assist in the efficient management of Property, Plant, and Equipment (PPE) in accordance with UNHCR guidelines, including registration and marking of new PPE, physical verification of PPE, preparation of agreements and disposal forms (including submissions to LAMB/AMB), and assistance with PPE disposal.
- Carry out any other necessary relevant tasks.
Professional work experience and education
Years of Experience/Level of Education
For G5, you must have two years of relevant experience and a high school diploma, or one year of relevant experience and a bachelor’s degree or higher.
Field(s) of Study
Licenses and/or Certificates
Relevant Work History
Computer and IT literacy
Management of Supply Chains using SC-PeopleSoft
Supply Chain Planning
Customs clearance for SC
Storage Center Management
Resource Management SC
Management of SC-Fleet
(Skills denoted with an asterisk (*) are crucial.)
- English proficiency and, if necessary, the UN working language of the duty station are requirements for positions in international professional and field service.
- If English is not the local language, proficiency in the UN working language of the duty station is required for national professional positions.
- Knowledge of English and/or the UN working language of the duty station if English is not required for General Service positions.
Each employee of the UNHCR must work both individually and collectively to create a workplace where everyone feels secure and empowered to carry out their responsibilities. Showing zero tolerance for sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment—including sexual harassment—as well as sexism, gender inequity, discrimination, and the abuse of power—is one way to do this.
Individuals and managers alike need to take the initiative to stop improper behavior before it starts, to respond to it when it does, to support continuing discussion about these concerns, to speak out when something goes wrong, and to seek advice and assistance from the appropriate UNHCR resources.
For all UNHCR positions with this job title and grade level, this is the Standard Job Description. Additional desirable and/or necessary qualifications relevant to the operation or role may be included in the operational context. Any such requirements are included in this Job Description by reference and will be taken into account for screening, shortlisting, and choosing candidates.
Profile of the ideal candidate
Languages needed ; English
Considerations for Occupational Safety and Health:
Kind of Position:
Conditions of Living and Work:
Computer and IT literacy Asset Management SC, Clearance of customs, Fleet Management, Logistics, and SC Managing the Supply Chain with SC-PeopleSoft, Supply Chain Management, Warehouse Management
Experience at Work
Accountability, analytical thinking, customer and result-oriented, dedication to lifelong learning, Organizational awareness, planning and organizing, and communication group effort & cooperation, technological savvy
There is no need for a functional clearance for this post.
CLICK HERE To Apply For Senior Supply Assistant Job Vacancy In Burundi Bujumbura