Visiting PhD Fellowship Program UNU-WIDER 2023 (Funded)
Deadline: 31st of March 2023 | Visiting PhD Fellowship Program UNU-WIDER 2023 (Funded)
The UNU-WIDER Visiting PhD Fellowship Programme 2023 is now accepting applications. Registered doctorate students can use UNU-facilities WIDER’s and resources for their dissertation or thesis research on developing economies, as well as collaborate with our experts on projects of common interest, under the Visiting PhD Fellowship Program.
Before departing for their home institution, visiting PhD fellows often stay at UNU-WIDER for three consecutive months. Fellows prepare one or more research articles throughout the program and present a seminar on their results. Also, they can get the chance to publish their work in the WIDER Working Paper Series.
When the fellowship is completed in Helsinki, UNU-WIDER offers a travel grant to cover the costs of getting there and back from the location of your PhD-granting institution, health insurance (for medical and hospital services resulting from illness or accident while you are at UNU-WIDER), and a monthly stipend of EUR 1,850 to cover living expenses in Helsinki for the duration of their fellowship. The program does not pay for costs associated with dependents.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a PhD program and possess the skills necessary to do research in emerging markets.
- Applicants working in other social sciences are welcome to apply, but they should be aware that UNU-WIDER is an institute with an economics focus.
- Applicants should have excellent quantitative and/or qualitative analytical skills and be fluent in English both orally and in writing.
- Early-career, female, and researchers from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply.
- The program is specifically designed for researchers who are nearing the end of their PhD.
- You will be required to upload your curriculum vitae as part of your application. The letter of recommendation for your PhD supervisor must be sent to UNU-WIDER by email at the following address: email@example.com. The letter of recommendation will also serve as proof that you are registered for a PhD program at your school.
Apply for Visiting PhD Fellowship Program UNU-WIDER 2023 (Funded), HERE
Visit UNU-WIDER Visiting PhD Fellowship for additional details.
Leave a Comment