Expires on March 15, 2023 | AFS Global STEM Accelerators 2023 Exchange Programme for Young Women
The AFS Global STEM Accelerators 2023 Exchange Programme for Young Women is now accepting applications. This is an exceptional full scholarship program for girls who are motivated to contribute to the solution of some of the largest global concerns facing the world today.
Currently, women make up more than half of the workforce globally who have a college degree. Yet, just 28% of women work in STEM disciplines. Girls and women who want to pursue careers in STEM frequently encounter difficult obstacles in fields where males have traditionally held the majority positions. This initiative, which is devoted to the advancement of women in STEM professions, was developed as a result. AFS may begin to reverse this trend and expand the perspectives of women in the larger endeavor of achieving a sustainable future by giving girls from all around the world the chance to pursue their interests in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
|AFS Global STEM Accelerators 2023 Exchange Programme
|Diversity of communities around the world
|March 15, 2023
Information on the Scholarship and Program
Scholarship recipients will take part in 12-week virtual programs with an emphasis on social impact, global competency education, and emerging and crucial STEM skills and fields (co-developed with the University of Pennsylvania). With an engaging, hands-on curriculum, students will improve their STEM knowledge and abilities while also gaining important global competencies including problem-solving, analytical thinking, international awareness, and the capacity to bridge cultural divides.
Team projects and presentations that highlight climate change and the energy transition as potential answers to current problems mark the program’s conclusion. AFS and the University of Pennsylvania Center for Social Impact Strategies confer the Advanced Certificate on Global Competence for Social Impact upon program completion on scholars.
- Students will create social impact prototypes and capstone presentations over the course of twelve weeks. That focus on sustainable solutions to real-world problems.
- In addition to receiving official assessment and validation from Penn’s Center for Social Impact Strategy. Researchers get the Advanced Certificate on Global Competence for Social Impact from AFS and the University of Pennsylvania.
- AFS’s global alumni community, which provides a variety of networking possibilities and mentorship opportunities. Will also extend an invitation to scholars.
- Young women between the ages of 15 and 17 must apply.
- 5 years old on the start date of the program (Birth dates from December 1, 2005, through September 1, 2008).
- Must be able to participate completely in a program offered exclusively in English in a classroom setting.
- demonstrated a keen interest in STEM, environmentalism, and mingling with many cultures.
- Brilliant young people from various backgrounds who reflect the diversity of communities around the world. Are highly encouraged to apply. Especially members of underrepresented groups and students who have a serious financial need.
- The Academic History, Parent/Guardian Permission Form, and Letter of Reference Forms must be submitted in addition to the online application. You can access these forms from your application portal.
- The deadline for submitting your Global STEM Accelerators application is March 15, 2023. Applications with incomplete forms will not be accepted, and late forms will not be accepted.