Deadline for applications: March 19, 2023 | West African Research Center (WARC) Travel Grant Fellowship Program 2023/2024
The WARC Travel Award helps African scholars and graduate students travel for study to other institutions and areas of the continent by funding their travel expenses. This fosters intra-African cooperation and interaction among researchers and institutions. The WARC Travel Award offers up to $1,500 in travel expenses as well as a $1,500 stipend.
To attend and present papers at academic conferences held on the African continent, to visit African libraries or archives with resources relevant to the applicant’s academic work, to collaborate with colleagues at another African institution, and to visit an African research site are all eligible uses for travel grant money.
Requirements/ Eligibility For West African Research Center Travel Grant Fellowship Program
- Only citizens of West Africa are eligible to enter this competition, with priority given to individuals connected to West African colleges, universities, or research organizations.
- Application specifications:
- Abstract of suggested activity (50–80 words) with a specific goal
- Research/Project Description (6 double-spaced pages maximum) involving the necessity of travel (must be in language understandable to non-specialist readers)
- suggested budget
- Personal statement (with research and teaching record)
- passport photocopy of the applicant (must be a West African national)
- Applications must all be made online and in PDF format.
- Every applicant needs a letter of recommendation.
Whenever going to a conference:
- a letter of acceptance to the conference
- an abstract of the paper to be read
- If going to another establishment:
- a greeting from the hosting institution
- If a trip is necessary to consult archives or other sources:
- an explanation of the collections that will be used and why they are important to the applicant’s study
Graduate students should:
- a recommendation letter from the professor who is supervising your research
Contact requests should be sent to the Mariane Yade West African Research Center at email@example.com.
To Apply and For More Information
Visit the WARC Travel Grant Fellowship Program 2023/2024 website.