Deadline: 22nd of March 2023 | The One World Media Fellowship 2023
To apply for the One World Media Fellowship 2023, click here. One World Media Fellowship is targets aspiring journalists and filmmakers who want to earn a living by covering news in the developing world.
Our Fellows’ projects, whether they be in film, print, radio, or multimedia, combine creativity and integrity to expose underreported tales that dispel prejudices and foster intercultural understanding.
They offer guidance to journalists and filmmakers working on a single project and a network of peers and mentors to help them through the creation and completion of their work. They strive to support diverse new talent, and they especially welcome entries from underrepresented groups (people of color, ethnic groups, women, LGBTQ+, or individuals with disabilities), as well as from those who are based in or from the global south.
- Executive Producer receives a £1,000 production grant for your project
- Career guidance
- workshops and webinars led by business professionals
- Guidelines for Fair Reporting and Security
- Greetings to the commissioners
- group of like-minded people Alumni and Fellows
- Any one can apply from all over the world
- Aiming to report from the global south, One World Media Fellows are ambitious journalists and filmmakers eager to make the next step in their careers.
- Fellows experiment and learn in a safe atmosphere while searching for their first directing position or conducting a solo inquiry.
- They will choose 10 international Fellows in 2023.
- Pre-production works from low- and middle-income nations throughout the global south that convey compelling tales
- all forms of nonfiction media, including cinema, print, radio, photojournalism, and multimedia
- proposals with a large portion of the budget already in place or within reach soon
- Projects that can be finished in a year, which for films means they must be under 30 minutes long
- tales that are compelling enough to be printed or transmitted by reputable media organizations. They will provide funding for media that may eventually appear in current newspapers, magazines, radio stations, television networks, expert news websites, online platforms, etc. They are seeking for real journalism or documentaries.
They have special interest in suggestions that:
- Try to convey unique tales in a style that will interest your target audience.
- the inclusion of voices from the global south, especially those that are underrepresented; the development of contacts and contributors who have expressed their readiness to participate; and the consideration of safety and ethical issues
- Show a grasp of accountability and fair practices in news gathering and reporting.
- Show a willingness to collaborate with local people in equal collaboration in co-producing a story.
- Do not merely highlight bad parts of the global south without taking into account the context in which they occur.
For more information and to apply Check the links Below:
Visit One World Media Fellowship for additional details.