Submission deadline is March 31, 2023 | The 2023 Machel-Mandela Internship Program at the Brenthurst Foundation is for recent graduates.
For the Machel-Mandela Internship Program. Which is established in honor of former South African President Nelson Mandela and his wife Graca Machel. The Brenthurst Foundation is accepting applications from recent graduates. It is the goal of the Machel-Mandela Internship Program to be the most prestigious internship program in Africa. It enables the Brenthurst Foundation narrow its attention on Africa’s expanding youth population and fosters Africa’s potential leaders.
The chosen candidate must begin the internship before June 1, 2023, and it will be accessible full-time for a minimum of six months. The intern could be from another country, such as South Africa. They will be based at the Parktown, Johannesburg, headquarters of the Brenthurst Foundation. Interns will collaborate closely with Foundation staff members on a variety of tasks, some of which will include travel abroad.
If lodging is needed, it will be given (according to Foundation rules), along with a monthly all-inclusive stipend. Additional work-related costs can potentially be funded with the Foundation’s approval.
- Below the age of 30
- A master’s degree
- Exceptional written and spoken English. African languages and others would be helpful.
- Superb communication abilities
- A self-starter who is dependable and enthusiastic with no need for supervision or management
- Capable of juggling deadlines and meticulousness
- Ability in all foundational IT skills
- Experience with copyediting and proofreading is a plus
- A strong sense of love for Africa and a great interest in innovative ideas and tactics to improve the continent’s economic performance.
- Extensive familiarity with African politics and economics
- Awareness of the Brenthurst Foundation’s work (please consult the website : www.thebrenthurstfoundtion.org)
Please send an email with the subject line “Machel-Mandela Internship” to Ms. Leila Jack at firstname.lastname@example.org with your application.
The following must be sent:
- a current CV with information on references a letter of interest (no longer than 500 words) detailing your qualifications and interest in the post.
- a letter of interest (no longer than 500 words) detailing your qualifications and interest in the post.
- A writing sample is a piece of writing of any length, such as an essay or a published article.
- The earliest time that you might begin.
- Details of the advertisement you viewed for the position.
- The application deadline is March 31, 2023. Only those individuals who have been shortlisted will be contacted due to the amount of applications.
- By 1 May, if you haven’t heard from us, please presume that your application was declined.
For More Information
Visit the Brenthurst Foundation Machel-Mandela Internship Program 2023 website.