Deadline: January 31, 2023
African healthcare companies invited to apply for the third cohort of AUDA-NEPAD’s Home Grown Solutions Accelerator Program 2023.
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), the official development assistance organization of the Government of Japan, and the African Union Development Agency (AUDA-NEPAD) launched the Accelerator program.
In accordance with the goals of the African Union’s Agenda 2063, the Home Grown Solutions (HGS) Accelerator for Pandemic Resilience program seeks to increase the pandemic resilience of the continent by accelerating the growth of African healthcare businesses. This is accomplished by providing practical and specialized support to healthcare firms in the growth and mature stages.
They encourage you to apply to get support over the course of 2023. Incase you represent an African health business with aspirations to significantly increase your influence locally or throughout the continent. By working together, we can strengthen Africa’s health systems.
Together with your team, they will build and deliver a five-month acceleration roadmap in 2023 specifically tailored to meet the needs of your business in three important areas:
- Matching to strategic partners: They will leverage the network and introduce you to leading organizations to grow your business through partnership.
- Context specific advisory: They have a team of world class consultants to diagnose your business needs and deliver tailor-made business advisory services.
- Investment readiness support: They help you be better prepared for fund raising including business model validation, pitch preparation and linking you to capital needed to scale.
They have 3 application criteria you will have to meet for consideration of the third cohort:
You are a growth or mature stage company, meaning you must …
- Registered as a for-profit entity
- Demonstrate clear market traction and sizable customer base
- Express ambition and potential to scale beyond your current size
You strengthen Africa’s health system, for example …
- You manufacture medical consumables or devices on the continent
- You provide healthcare services to patients, be it diagnostic, treatment or otherwise
- You provide technology solutions to strengthen health access or delivery
Can be described as a Home Grown Solution, meaning you must …
- Operate mainly or solely in Africa (preference for companies operating across countries)
- Employ mostly local staff in the markets in which you are active
- Have strong African representation in your leadership
The application deadline for the Accelerator is January 31, 2023, and you can submit it using the form below.
Following the submission deadline, qualified businesses required to submit investor and customer references as well as further, in-depth financial data in February 2023.
The final choice made in March 2023, and the definition and implementation of the acceleration support will take place between April and September 2023.
For further information, visit AUDA-NEPAD