Barack Obama, the former president of the United States, started the Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) in 2010. The goal is to aid young African leaders in their initiatives to boost prosperity and growth, support democratic governance, and enhance peace and security on the continent. YALI Regional Leadership Center Dakar Online Cohort 16/17 Program.
|Nationality:||BENIN, BURKINA FASO, BURUNDI, CAMEROON, CAPE VERDE, CENTRAL AFRICA, COMOROS, IVORY COAST, DJIBOUTI, GABON, REPUBLIC OF GUINEA, GUINEA BISSAU, EQUATORIAL GUINEA, ISLANDS MAURITIUS, MADAGASCAR, MALI, MAURITANIA, NIGER, DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO|
|Deadline:||23 March 2023|
|WhatsApp Link:||Click Here|
The program began with a series of high-level forums, such as the Obama Forum with Young African Leaders in August 2010, the Pioneering Young African Women Forum in June 2011, and the Innovation and Partnership for Mentoring Young African Leaders in June 2012, in addition to the roughly 2000 youth events that took place at US embassies throughout Africa.
In order to have a greater impact by training more leaders, the Regional Leadership Centers were established in Africa. Nairobi, Kenya, Pretoria, South Africa, Accra, Ghana, and Dakar serve as the locations of the centers (Senegal).
The African Center for Higher Studies in Management (CESAG), which houses the YALI DAKAR Regional Leadership Center (CRL), provides two different forms of training in the following three fields: Business And Entrepreneurship, Civic Leadership, And Public Management.
YALI Regional Leadership Center Dakar Online Cohort 16/17 Program will contain:
- The hybrid training, which lasts for 5 weeks and includes 2 weeks of online training and 3 weeks of in-person instruction in Dakar.
- Distance learning that is totally online and asynchronous over the course of 8 weeks.
- The project aims to develop the leadership skills of young people between the ages of 18 and 35. The following requirements must be met in order to proceed with the application process:
- Be fluent in both reading and writing French; belong to one of the following 25 nations as both a citizen and resident: the nations of BENIN, BURKINA FASO, BURUNDI, CAMEROON, CAPE VERDE, CENTRAL AFRICA, COMOROS, IVORY COAST, DJIBOUTI, GABON, REPUBLIC OF GUINEA, GUINEA BISSAU, EQUATORIAL GUINEA, ISLANDS MAURITIUS, MADAGASCAR, MALI, MAURITANIA, NIGER, DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO
- Possess a current passport or other form of identification; be eager to adhere to the 8-week online course schedule and engage in distant learning activities;
- Have access to the internet and an IT tool (computer or tablet) to follow the online training phases (both in hybrid training and in distance training); be willing to put the skills and training received in the field of leadership at the service of his country and/or his community after the program. Be able to travel to Dakar for a duration of 3 weeks for the hybrid training.
- You must select just one training specialty from Business and Entrepreneurship, Civic Leadership, or Public Management, depending on your profile or project.