Deadline: January 15, 2023
The Melton Global Citizenship Learning Program 2023 application is now available! To take advantage of your chance to become a Melton Fellow, apply right away!
Melton Fellows are college students who are dedicated to giving back to their communities. Through the Global Citizenship Learning Program, they can develop their skills, widen their circles of influence, and eventually influence others by modeling and promoting global citizenship.
You will: As a Melton Fellow taking part in the Global Citizenship Learning Program 2023:
- Experience various cultures firsthand and develop your ability to communicate across geographic and racial boundaries.
- Learn more about current global issues connected to the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations (SDGs).
- Through practical workshops, instruction, and mentoring projects, improve your skills.
- Drive change initiatives—small and large—for greater effect by co-creating and developing impact projects with Fellows and partners in your neighborhood and throughout the globe.
- Join a network of more than 500 Fellows and partner companies from various industries and global areas.
- Join an experiential learning lab to gain the knowledge and self-assurance you need to address urgent concerns in your community.
- Must currently be enrolled in a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate school program.
- Have sufficient English language skills in order to understand and participate in all aspects of the program including complex discussions on human issues.
- Have a proven track record of civic engagement in your local community.
- Be open to learning about the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and practicing Global Citizenship as a lifestyle.
- Be able to provide 1 letter of recommendation if invited to the local assessment center.
You must be a college student, between the ages of 18 and 25 as of the application deadline, who will unavoidably reside within the city limits of one of our partner colleges for the first 1.5 years.
- Bangalore, India
- Greater Accra, Ghana
- New Orleans, United States
- Jena, Germany
- Temuco, Chile
- Hangzhou, China
For further information, visit Melton Foundation