Deadline: January 20, 2023
Applications open for the Youth Leadership Award 2023.Submit yours today!
The Global Citizen / Cisco Youth Leadership Award was created by Cisco and Global Citizen to honor a young person who is positively affecting the world, show the contribution of young people to the accomplishment of the United Nations Global Goals, and hasten the solution of world problems.
Cisco and Global Citizen share the conviction that young people are accelerating global problem solving by developing and putting into practice ideas to accomplish the Global Goals. We established the Cisco Youth Leadership Award in response to this.
- The prize includes a US$250,000 cash payment to the charity the recipient supports.
- A person between the ages of 18 and 30 who has made a significant contribution to the fight against severe poverty
- Accept applications from every country or organization in the world, with the exception of those who may have their transfer of Prize money restricted by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) or other US government agencies due to financial or other penalties.
- Demonstrated history of measurable effect at scale toward one or more of the Global Goals over the last three to five years.
- Compelling vision and detailed strategies for extending this work over the next three to five years, including how the prize will help efforts.
- Encourages additional youth to contribute to at least one of the Global Goals.
- Exemplifies the principles and spirit of a global citizen and problem solver.
- Uses technological innovation or Internet-based communications to increase influence, reach, and efficiency.
There are four sections to the application:
- Submit a scanned copy of your passport for the first portion of the application as well as some basic information about you and your organization.
- Additionally, submit a 2- to 3-minute video of your pitch for the second component, in which you must explain why you deserve the prize.
- In the final section, you must respond to 5 short-answer questions concerning your work and explain in 250 words or fewer how you met each of the prize’s requirements.
- The certificate of registration, incorporation, tax exemption, as well as other supporting documentation are required for the fourth component, which you must give as proof of your organization’s registration information.
Visit Global Citizen for further information about the award