Deadline: December 10 2022
Connect4Climate and Y2Y’s Global Youth Climate Network are excited to announce the opening of submissions for the Max Thabiso Edkins Climate Ambassador Program in 2023!
The MTECAP is a six-month online program that encourages young people to become leaders in the fight against climate change by giving participants the chance to connect with one another, learn from World Bank experts and GYCN and C4C knowledge partners, and take significant climate action both locally and globally.
The program provides the young ambassadors with in-depth knowledge and understanding of climate change and the related challenges examined in the World Bank Group Climate Change Action Plan as well as guidance on how to creatively communicate their newfound knowledge for maximum impact. It consists of a mix of technical and hands-on sessions.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35, have strong conversational English language skills, as well as reliable access to the internet.
Beyond these foundational requirements, applicants will be evaluated on each of the following criteria:
- Past and current experience as a youth leader in communities at the local, regional, national, or global level. Demonstrated ability to organize community activities is an advantage.
- Passion for climate solutions and sustainable development, and motivation to take action and empower others. We are looking for self-starters willing to take charge.
- Scale and strength of the applicant’s network and active presence on social media.
- The potential impact of the applicant’s proposed contributions to their communities and networks.
- The evaluation and selection process will also take into account various other factors—such as diversity in age, gender, and geography—to ensure the set of chosen Ambassadors closely reflects the global community.
As a participant in the Max Thabiso Edkins Climate Ambassador Program, you will be expected to Learn, Act, Network and Engage.
- Learn: learn from World Bank Group experts and GYCN and C4C knowledge partners on the most pressing climate issues across various sectors, and gain solid leadership skills with which to inspire and empower others in your community.
- Act: commit to achieving at least three climate actions in your community.
- Network: connect with like-minded youth across the globe to learn, exchange ideas, develop joint initiatives and projects, and amplify your impact.
- Engage: upon completion of the Program, join an active Global Alumni Community of Climate Ambassadors to help you continue your climate journey.
Click here to apply