Deadline: 15 February 2023
Apply now for the Iso Lomso Fellowship Programme 2023 and be part of a cohort of Africa’s brightest upcoming researchers.
Iso Lomso Fellowship Programme 2023 is intended for African academics who have just completed their doctoral degrees and occupy academic positions at universities or research institutions throughout Africa. Candidates must have a research plan in place and have finished a post-doctoral fellowship or a comparable post-PhD program. Each discipline is taken into account.
- Residence at STIAS: a three-year affiliation with STIAS that allows you to spend a total of 10 months living there while developing and pursuing a long-term research program.
- International conferences: Funding to attend up to two international conferences or training workshops anywhere in the world.
- Your own workshop: Support to convene a workshop with collaborators at STIAS or at their home institution.
- Support for your institution: Lecturer replacement subsidy for your home institution during residency periods.
To be eligible for the 2023 call, applicants must:
- A national of any African country;
- Be born after the 1st of January 1980;
- Have an affiliation at a research or higher education institution in an African country, and continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
- Have obtained a doctoral degree from any recognised higher education institution (worldwide) after the 1st of January 2015.
- Have completed a post-doctoral fellowship or equivalent post-PhD research programme.
- Be in a position to commence a first period of residency at STIAS during 2024.
- All disciplines considered. Applicants from non-Anglophone African countries may conduct their research in the language of preference; however, the application documents must be completed in English.
- Application deadline: 15 February 2023
- Shortlist selection: 30 April 2023
- Final selection: 31 May 2023
- Shortlisted candidates contacted during May 2023 for any additional information required about their proposed projects.
A final selection made by the end of May 2023 and successful candidates will be contacted during June 2023. These dates may change and updated.