Deadline: 1 December 2022
The 2023 WISE Awards are now accepting applications. Send in yours right away for recognition of creative approaches that change education and society!
Six innovative projects recognized, lauded, and promoted during this new cycle of the 2023 WISE Awards for their beneficial contributions to society and education. The Awards celebrate programs that have been determined to be the most innovative and successful in addressing problems with education at any level and in any setting. WISE is creating a network of well-known change-makers to encourage transformation and innovation in education by advancing these models.
Project representatives encouraged to submit applications to describe the scope and nature of their work. Project nominations also welcomed. Previous winning projects have used innovation to tackle a variety of issues in education, such as possibilities for lifelong learning, early childhood education, climate action, social emotional development, and education in emergency circumstances, among others.
The WISE Awards recognize innovative educational projects that have already demonstrated a transformative impact on individuals, communities and society. The ideal project would be an ongoing, innovative and impactful education initiative that:
- Has an excellent record of proven success
- Is financially sustainable
- Has a clear plan indicating the project’s future objectives and future development
- Is scalable
- Is replicable in other contexts and regions of the world
- Has a clear understanding and knowledge of:
- its innovative nature;
- its distinctiveness within its sphere of action, and;
- the type and depth of its impact on its beneficiaries.
- Money Prize: Each WISE Awards winning project will receive US$20,000.
- WISE Communications: Projects recognized by WISE featured on the website, showcased and shared with the WISE community via social media.
- Multimedia productions: Special documentaries and videos produced to showcase the work of the winning projects.
- WISE Books: Several WISE Awards finalists and winning projects have been featured in WISE Books which explore current challenges and solutions facing 21st-century education.
- The Global Summit and WISE@: Representatives from Award winning projects also given the opportunity to present and discuss their work at dedicated sessions during the global biennial summit in Doha, Qatar or WISE regional summits, WISE@. In addition, projects offered an opportunity to participate in global events organized in collaboration with WISE.
- Support to other WISE programs: Representative of former winning projects have been involved in other WISE projects, either through mentorship, participation in the selection processes, and fellowship programs.
- The 2023 WISE Awards submission procedure accepts both applications and nominations.
- Ongoing/existing education projects run by any type of organization such as colleges, universities, academic networks, schools’ consortia, civil society and community organizations, governments, international agencies and private-sector companies working in the field of education invited to apply or nominate.
- Projects can also belong to any education sector such as pre-primary, primary, secondary, tertiary, vocational training, higher education, special needs education, informal learning, and distance-based, non-formal and lifelong learning.
- Finally, projects from any part of the world can apply or be nominated for the WISE Awards.
- The deadline for submission of applications is, 13:00 GMT.
- The Pre-Jury will review shortlisted eligible applications.
- The shortlisted Finalists will be announced in April 2023.
- An Innovation Assessment will be organized, as described below.
- The Jury will review the finalists based on the submitted forms and the due diligence conducted remotely.
- Announcement of the six winners September 2023