Deadline: December 5 2022.
AUC is welcoming applications for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Students Program (TLG) 2023. The Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs (NEA/AC), the American University of Cairo (AUC), and the US Department of State collaborate on the Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate (TLG) program for students.
Through planned graduate study and research that advances the professionalization of emerging leaders and puts forth local solutions to shared problems in the MENA region, TLG provides academically qualified and economically deserving students with the professional qualifications and experience needed to advance knowledge and contribute to the achievement of socially relevant outcomes.
TLG provides Middle East and North African (MENA) students with an exceptional chance to pursue higher education and complete one of the graduate programs listed below at The American University in Cairo (AUC) to receive a master’s degree:
- Master of Arts in Gender and Women’s Studies in the Middle East/North Africa
- Master of Arts in International and Comparative Education (EDUL)
- Master of Arts in Migration and Refugee Studies (MRS)
- Master of Arts in Economics in International Development (ECID)
- Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication (JRMC)
- Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- MA in Middle East Studies (MES)
The Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate Students Program (TLG) 2023 covers:
- Full tuition fees for the fall and spring semesters
- Medical insurance
- A monthly stipend
- Student Housing
- Internship/practicum opportunity, including local transportation costs if needed
- Opportunity to attend one conference to present research findings, applied to and awarded competitively, as per the guidelines for Graduate Student Support Grants
- Two annual round-trip economy air tickets from home to campus; or housing and living stipend to continue approved program activities on campus during breaks for students unable to return home because of circumstances outside of their control
- The students who are eligible to join should be nationals/citizens of Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Libya, Tunisia, Yemen, Syria, Bahrain, the West Bank, and Gaza.
- Meet AUC graduate admission requirements
- Strong academic potential with a bachelor’s degree of a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Possess maturity, flexibility, and leadership potential demonstrated in a combination of extracurricular activities, recommendations, and interviews.
- Financial need
- The TLG application deadline for fall 2023 is December 5, 2022,
- The AUC graduate admission deadline is December 15, 2022.
- Step 1: Submit the TLG application
- Step 2: Check how to apply and submit the online TLG students’ program – Graduate admission application.