Deadline: January 15 2023
Applications open for the MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship 2023. These are Scholarships given each year to DACA and international students attending institutions supported by MPOWER.
MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship 2023 was purposefully created to be as inclusive as possible in order to reflect the wide range of experiences that international and DACA students have. You don’t have to be an MPOWER borrower to submit an application. They established the MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship in acknowledgment of these kids’ remarkable potential.
Their goal at MPOWER, goes beyond simply increasing access to higher education. Additionally, they are producing graduates with a global perspective, fluency in many languages, and cultural competence prepared to tackle the most pressing issues in business, government, and science.
- Grand Prize: $10,000
- Runner-Up: $2,000
- Honorable Mention: $2,000
- Accepted at, or enrolled in, a full-time degree program at a U.S. or Canadian school that MPOWER supports, and
- An international student allowed to legally study in the U.S. or Canada, as applicable:
For study in the U.S., this means that the applicant meets one of these criteria:
- Has a valid visa that permits study in the U.S.
- Protected under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Is a U.S. permanent resident (Green Card holder)
For study in Canada, this means the applicant meets one of these criteria:
- Is a Canadian permanent resident
- Has a valid Canadian study permit
Winners chosen completely based on the essays they submit. Similarly chosen by MPOWER based on:
- The caliber of the applicant’s essay; it should show thought-through reasoning, appealing goals and objectives, and exceptional English communication abilities.
- the degree to which the applicant’s aims and aspirations are clearly related to his or her desired subject of study.
- Potential of the applicant as a scientist, businessperson, leader, and/or change-maker who will have a good influence.
Visit MPOWER for further information