LookUp Innovation Challenge 2023 (up to $2500 in funding)
Deadline: November 28 2022
Applications are currently being accepted for the LookUp Innovation Challenge 2023. LookUp is a 501(c)(3) social enterprise founded “by youth for youth” with the goal of assisting young people in thriving in the digital sphere.
Through their flagship programs, they identify, support, and mobilize young people who are leading the way in creating a digital world that is healthy, inclusive, and responsible. They don’t instruct youth since youth agency is central to their goal and a fundamental component of the programmatic DNA.
During the LookUp Innovation Challenge 2023, They will specifically be on the lookout for ideas and advocacy where you…
- Create a safe and healthy online environment with a focus on mental health.
- Promote through initiatives or tactics that interact with legislation or otherwise help people become more aware of methods to either minimize the negative effects of social media and the digital world or to make the most of it.
- Share the story that develops a wholesome, inclusive, or moral online environment. Our storytellers are supported by the Social Dilemma Impact Team at Exposure Labs.
- Awardees receive up to $2500 in funding, mentorship, and the brain trust of a cohort of peers with similar goals.
- To address the adolescent mental health issue through digital wellbeing and youth-led movements and solutions, this challenge is for extraordinary youth activists, storytellers, and innovators with innovative ideas.
- Regardless of their location, background, or experience, anyone between the ages of 18 and 25 is eligible to participate in the Challenge.
- Teams or individuals may apply.
- You are not required to be physically present in the US. It is strongly advised that team leaders or at least one co-captain be stationed within a reasonable distance of the San Francisco, CA time zone because the majority of programming will be broadcast live.
- They understand that applicants might have answers for various issues. Teams will only receive one grant, though.
- Grant winners are not eligible to submit another grant application for the same issue. The opportunity to submit fresh or better concepts is open to anyone who previously applied but were unsuccessful.
- Top candidates invited and required to give a 20-minute presentation via Zoom to a panel of LookUp judges based on the judges’ scoring matrix.
When reviewing written applications, judges utilize the following standards to decide whether candidates advance to the interview stage:
- Response Time: How well your solution handled the issue.
- Effect: In order to assist rethink and reimagine a digital environment where young people may thrive, the project is a positive force for good.
- Execution Strategy: You’ve shown that you’ve given your project some serious thought and considered the resources you’ll need to make it work.
- Belief in the Mission: They are interested in learning WHY you are motivated to address this worldwide issue.
- New ideas: The project is an innovative, never-before-seen next-generation approach to a pressing issue.
- November 28: Applications Due by 11:59 pm PT
- December 5 – 9: Interviews
- December 19: Grant Recipients Notified
- January 9: Kick Off Week
- May 24 2023: Innovator Cohort Wrap-Up
- October 2023: Y4Y Summit highlighting 2023 Innovators
Visit LookUp for further information
Join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates
My name is Francis kamanga njoroge the founder
Sky net kamanga innovations. Sky net kamanga innovations is a start up company that deal with security systems and renewable energy. Solar energy is both renewable and green base thus friendly to the environment and its also cost effective as compared to our competitor.