For the 2023 Dalai Lama Fellows program, we are looking for 15 up-and-coming social innovators from all across the world. Between October 19, 2022, and December 1, 2022, applications may be submitted.
In order to rethink leadership as involving self-awareness, personal sustainability, genuine compassion for others, and the capacity to deftly navigate complex systems at multiple levels, Dalai Lama Fellows (DLF) offers emerging social innovators a rigorous, interdisciplinary, and deeply contemplative program. In order to promote systems for long-term human and planetary flourishing, our Fellows study techniques for developing emotional intelligence, self-care, resilience, empathy, deep listening, and communication skills.
Deadline for applications: December 1, 2022 (applications and all accompanying materials must be submitted by 22:00 Coordinated Universal Time)
Conditions for Eligibility
A candidate must demonstrate the following through their application in order to meet the basic requirements:
- Age restrictions: 20–35 as of July 1, 2023
- proficiency in spoken and written English
- Active participation in or clearly defined plans for a social change project, as well as ongoing participation in the project throughout the fellowship year (NOTE: due to the difficulty of launching a social innovation project from scratch, we give preference to applicants who have ongoing projects, but each year we have selected Fellows who have a concrete vision for a project and plans to launch during the fellowship year, given they have the adequate expertise, resources, and community connections at the time of applying)
- Comprehensive understanding of the community and the problem that the initiative is trying to solve, ideally with at least a year of prior work working with the community
- interest throughout the year in learning new things and practicing meditation
- dedication to taking part in all aspects of the program (online learning platform, 1-on-1 coaching calls, group learning calls, etc.)
- Without taking into account the Fellows’ work on their projects, we estimate that complete fellowship involvement takes roughly 12 hours per month.
- Contemplative Leadership Assembly participation in late July 2023 (DLF will cover all costs for travel, lodging, and meals for the Assembly)
There are five essential components to the Dalai Lama Fellows application:
- Background and summary of the applicant
- questions for quick essays
- YouTube submission
To apply Click Here
For More Information About ; Apply now to become a Dalai Lama Fellow in 2023 Click the Link