Deadline: 10 November 2022
Applications open for the Auto Photo Awards 2022. Created by the team at Shutter Hub, Auto Photo Awards celebrates the best automotive photography in an exhibition, book and a series of awards
They are committed to highlighting the top automotive photographers, fostering chances for commissions and collaborations, and bringing people together through our common interests. All the while fostering new interconnections between global societies, the photography, and the car industry.
Five distinct categories are available for you to submit photographs to.
- Where do we go from here as the world changes? We want to see the integration of technology, engine development, tuning, and performance, sustainability in materials, resto-mods, hybrids, and internal combustion engines (but show us EVs too!).
Cars as Art
- There’s beauty in the build. From abstract images and macro details to super sleek lighting and cars on the street, this is the place to take your creativity to the max.
- We wish to witness motorsport in all its splendor, whether it be on a track or off, from circuit racing to rally cross, endurance to sprint, and drag to drift.
Scenes and Styling
- Show us the show cars, supercharged supercars, the priceless classics, drift monsters, stanced and slammed the ‘built not bought’ cars, and everything in between.
- It’s about the people behind the wheel and under the hood. This is the place to big-up the clubs and communities, the lifestyle, locations, and looks.
- The 5 first place winners will receive a year’s membership of Shutter Hub.
- 100 winning images featured on shutterhub.org.uk and autophotoawards.com
- Similarly,100 winning images selected for the AUTO PHOTO Awards book, published by Shutter Hub Editions
- 30+ winning and Highly Commended images showcased in the AUTO PHOTO Awards exhibition.
- 8 photographers will win a one-to-one portfolio review with Karen Harvey, Creative Director of Shutter Hub.
- Selected image entries showcased on Instagram throughout the open call and afterwards, more so all winning images will be showcased on shutterhub.org.uk and autophotoawards.com.
- 1 photographer will receive a Highly Commended Award selected by Alessia Glaviano, Head of Global Photo Vogue.
- Chicane Magazine Award – A selection of winning photographs published in Chicane magazine.
- Motorsport UK Award – One winner given Photography Accreditation at Motorsport UK controlled British Championships and more so, have the opportunity to join the Motorsport UK panel of photographers as a paid contributor.
- Goodwood Award – One winner selected to receive a press pass/accreditation voucher for Goodwood Festival of Speed 2023.
- WXVE Award – This responsive award tailored to the winner and include a mentorship session as well as on set experience with the WXVE production team as a stills photographer.
- FastR Award – One winner will receive media access to Shred Shed Live, 2 VIP tickets for a TCR UK round of their choice and the opportunity to become an official photographer with FastR.
- All photographers, including professionals and amateurs, encouraged to submit work. They are committed to highlighting the top automotive photographers, fostering chances for commissions and collaborations, and bringing people together through our common interests.
- All files submitted named with the photographer’s name and the title of the piece. It’s possible that improperly labeled files won’t be accepted. The proper file naming format is as follows: last name, first name, title of image.jpg
- Make sure you choose the categories for which you want to submit the image.
- Submitted images must be jpegs, 2000 pixels wide, 300ppi and no more than 5MB in size. Please submit images in sRGB colour profile but aware that any images selected for the publication converted to CMYK before going to print.
- Images must be suitable for a family audience.
- Entry Fees: All photographers receive one free entry however, after your free entry, you can submit up to 10 further images for £25, and up to 20 images for £40.
- Shutter Hub members receive discounted entry fees of up to 10 images for £20, and up to 20 images for £30.
- You don’t have to be a Shutter Hub member, but if you would like to benefit from all the lovely stuff we offer, you can join here for just £87 per year.
Visit Shutter Hub for further information